MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
BriGuy
Registered Member

Default Redfire...Metallic? Please Help.

Hi,

New to the board and joined specifically to find the answer to these two questions:

1. I was told by a dealer that the 2004 Redfire was NOT metallic but that every other year was. He said the 2004 code was actually G5, whereas the rest of the years are G2. All the research I've done indicates that 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 Redfire was all the same code (G2/M7089). Is there such a difference for 2004?

The reason I ask is sometimes I see one go by and it looks beautiful and deep. Then yesterday I stopped at a dealer to look closer at an '04 and I didn't look nearly the same. It was rather flat and uninspiring and was simply listed as Redfire Clearcoat on the sticker. This then prompted the call to the dealer, but I'm not convinced.

2. Is the 2004 Anniversary Crimson Red that much different than the Redfire? Can anyone describe the difference? Is it the same color as what is now called Merlot (FX/M7087)? It's just too hard to tell from pictures on-line and I haven't found one in person yet.

What it comes down to is this. My father is restoring a '32 Ford and he's looking for a red with some depth, preferably one that doesn't turn towards orange in the direct sunlight. The Redfire is something I've suggested to him but due to what the dealer told me I'm a bit perplexed that he may go with the wrong paint. Someone else suggested the Crimson Red but without seeing one in person it's not worth rolling the dice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BriGuy
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Redfire...Metallic? Please Help.

I would go to a paint shop/auto body and look through their color charts, they should beable to show you the different colors, if not many places will mix up small amount of colors for you and show you it. Good luck.