MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
turbocharge32
turbocharge32

Question New mustang...questions

I just got a 2000 mustang convertible. I don't know a lot about cars but i want to learn some things. It says srs inside on the dash. I don't know what this means. I have never heard of an srs mustang. Also i'm not sure if my car needs anything. It runs fine and everything but I don't know whats good. I am not going to race to it or anything so i'm not concerned about being faster. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...66&uid=3308069 Is a link to a page with some pictures of my car. I will put more up when i get a weather break. Someone said i had stock tires on my car. I don't see that as a problem but why would I change them if I don't need to. Any suggestions or comments I would appreciate.
turbocharge32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
Harry
Registered Member

Default Re: New mustang...questions

Hey there,

Nice looking car you have, I have always liked the green color.

What do you need to do to your car? Well, nothing, really. Unless you want to :-) If it rides and performs like you want it to, then don't change a thing. If you want to improve it's handling, speed, or looks, this it the place to ask. Just make sure you use the appropriate forum for the type of question you are asking, it will make it easier for folks to reply to you.

Don't worry about asking "silly" questions. We were all there once, and that is the only way you learn. I think you will find there are alot of helpful people here on MustangWorks! Welcome to the site!

Harry
Old 03-04-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

The srs on the steering wheel and passenger side dash stands for supplemental restraint system, it is on most all cars in some form or another, it is letting you know that behind that panel is your airbag system.

You have a beautiful Mustang, I know it is hurting you to not be able to drive with that top down in all that snow. Believe me, I have driven with my top down and the heat blowing wide open at times, but we don't have that much snow here in Texas. The main thing is keep it clean and protected as much as possible in that environment especially if they use salt on the roads.

Mustangs are for everybody, they are as individual as their drivers. If you like your Mustang just the way it is now, by all means leave it alone. Some people like to modify their Mustang to fit their own personal style. Mine is slightly (hopefully tastefully)modified, my son can't leave his alone, this is a matter of your own taste. The whole idea is that you enjoy your Mustang, it is not just transportation, it is a world of fun . Welcome to MustangWorks

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Beautiful car. Enjoy! If you are unfamiliar with the vehicle or any vehicle, I would highly suggest purchasing a Haynes or Chilton manual for it. The Haynes manual will be a good starting place. It will walk you through an overhaul of the entire car, as well as provide you with a trobleshooting guide and common OBD (On Board Diagnostic) and/or PCM (Powertrain Control Module) codes that may get returned if you take your car into a mechanic. If you take the car in..always ask in advance for them to indicate these codes on the Service Detail Slip.

Also, try to get the "little black book" that comes with the year of your car. It is a good reference for the equipment, guage and cluster notifications, fuse box and relay location and indicative fude # information...It has pertinant data concerning your year's vehicle.

It is important to get familiar with your vehicle. Get used to its sounds and quirks. I know blasting the rasio everytime you drive may be a necessity, but, get used to the cound of the car. Turn the radio off every-now-and-then on the when it is cold and when it is at NOT (Normal Operating Temperature). That way, if and when something is amiss, you will be able to do a little trouble shooting before any drastic happens. It can also save you ome $ if a shop tries to fix something that may be excessive, or replace something that is not actually broken.

Again, Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Mustang family!
Jenns05Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Stangette
Registered Member

nice Stang - welcome to MustangWorks ! - reading the car's manual is a great place to start - talking to fellow Stang Lovers is another place to learn - Ford website is good too - also - if you are so inclined - when going to the Mechanics - ask before they work on you car for them to show you what they plan to do - and when you pick it up - to show you what they did and show the old part that came off vs the new part on the car ....understanding the normalcies of your Stang while driving will help you pinpoint problems when something sounds different - at the very least - to get you to have it checked and fixed ... test drive your car under safe road conditions and low traffic to see how it performes and handles - good luck !
Stangette is offline   Reply With Quote