MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
MMAThaiBoxer
Registered Member

Default Getting first Mustang tomorrow a question...

My GF went and bought me a 50,000 original mile 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 convertable that I am picking up tomorrow. I have a few simple questions that Im hoping you experts can answer for me. I saw someone asked in another post if GT ground effects parts can be used on an LX. The answer was yes they can be for the hatchbacks. My question is can I use the GT hatchback ground effects parts on an LX convertable. Im asking because I originally wanted a GT but was offered a great deal on this LX so I jumped on it. The guy Im getting the car from has most of the ground effects from another Mustang and is in the same color as the one I am getting. I have a bodyshop guy that does great work and he'll put the kit on for me but he isnt 100% sure they are compatible. In short can ground effects from a GT hatchback be used on an LX convertable? I also have to get the GT front bumper on my own. Is there just the one piece that has the bumper and houses the fog lights or is there another part that is seperate that is needed to attatch the fog lights? Thanks in advance and I look forward to spending some time here and doing some learning. BTW Ive been driving a 1990 Miata for the last 3 summers so when I took this for a test drive and let go of the clutch and hit the gas only one thing came to mind and thats....well nevermind . Thanks again.
MMAThaiBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Getting first Mustang tomorrow a question...

I think the dimensions are the same, if there is any doubt, get the ground effects parts and hold them up to the car and test fit them. The bumper covers should be the same, and I think the side skirts should be too. Welcome to MustangWorks!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
9TOFIVER
Registered Member

Definatly the same brotha..no worries
9TOFIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
racerboy88
Registered Member

should all fit. If he's giving you a good deal then go for it otherwise get something different for your car

racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote