MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-16-2004, 02:39 PM   #1
HotMustangChick
Registered Member

Default Help This Chick Out

Okay, so I ordered my 18" COBRA R's this morning and they will be in at the end of the week. If i'm going to lower this baby I need to do it now! I have been trying to figure out which lowering setup to use, but I need a little expert advise. Eibach? DropZone? Ford Motorsport? STEEDA? SALEEN? The tires are going to be 25.5 height FUZIONS. I want the car to sit down as low as I possibly can but safely. Any good websites to order? My local parts store seems high. Should I go ahead with cc plates, bushings, shocks/struts??? Good thing I love this money pit!

(she's a 96 SVT convertable)
HotMustangChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Help This Chick Out

maybe you should wait until you get your new rims, to see just how far you can lower it. You might as well throw on a couple other performance parts while your down there.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I like my Steeda Sport Springs, we have them on both GT's, but I agree with bmxmon, get your rims on first. Low is cool, but too low is not cool. My mufflers drag on some speed bumps in town and one driveway I know of, but it's not so bad I have to tie up traffic turning into a parking lot. I really don't notice the chin dragging much more than it did with the stock springs. One of my son's friends lowered his 99 too much, and it drags on EVERYTHING. Sooner or later that's gonna cost money.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #4
HotMustangChick
Registered Member

Thanks so much for your input. Got the 18's yesterday. H, it's amazing how similar our cars are. Mine is a 96 red cobra with black top and black light bar. Only difference in body is the cobra hood, fogs, and 1 inch diff. on the wheels! I'm looking into STEEDA springs and i think i'll probably go with them instead of the eibach. Thanks.
HotMustangChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Be sure to post some pictures when you get it all done! For the best price on Steeda's I found mine on www.steeda.com.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
monroegt
Registered Member

my friend had a 98 mustang gt and 18 in. cobra r's all he got were saleen lowering springs and it dropped about 2 in.s but since he only got the springs his ride sucked it looked good but did not handle as well. If you are going for looks I would do this but if you want performance I would go with a kit maybe from ford racing. There kit gives you one in. lowering and better performance.
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote