MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default installing a cam without removing engine

I really dont wanna remove my whoel engine again to put in the cam what do i need to do to put it in wihtout removing the whole thing?

I knwo its possible cuase ive seen a trhead like it before

Oh al can someone show me a pic of a black mustang wiht liek grey decals its on a fox-body 87-93 and is one of the members here . I wanted to knwo if i codl et it in yellow thanks.
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
LittleBlueStang
Registered Member

All you gotta do is take the radiator and grill/nosepiece off and slide it in through the front of the car. It may not be the quickest way to do it but it works when you don't have an engine hoist. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:44 PM   #3
Strim91GT
Registered Member

I got my cam in by removing the radiator, and then unbolting the brackets for the a/c condensor......if you have one, and pulling it up out of the way. Good luck
vortech s trim,edelbrock 6032's, b303, cobra intake, 70mm tb, pro m 75mm bullet, granatelli alum. rad., accel 330+ digital ign., msd boost tim. ret., 30# inj., 190 lph fuel pump, t-rex pump, bbk, press. reg., tremec tko, ram billet flywheel, dual friction clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum quadrant, motorsport alum. driveshaft, hooker headers, off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, subframes, megabyte jr lowers, heavy duty uppers, eibach springs drag springs, koni sport shocks, polished cobra r's, 85-86 taillights, msd pro billet distributor
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Good question? do you have to take the a/c condenser out? do you lose your freon? well, not a big deal if you do i guess.
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 05:09 PM   #5
byrnech
Registered Member

You don't actually have to take the ac condenser out. You just unbolt it and twist it out of the way. It's pretty easy to do. I recommend a long bolt in the end of the camshaft for leverage. And as usual take your time so you don't scratch the bearings.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:48 PM   #6
stock89
Registered Member

Question Crank usage

vetteater,
Either you a) type to fast or b) you have been on crank here recently. LOL. The second part of your question was something about guages?? Can you clarify in normal english?
stock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:36 AM   #7
Strim91GT
Registered Member

well, not really a big deal if you do.......BUT i have an IMACA license and the way i udnerstand it from my class, if someone catches you venting freon into the atmosphere it can be a pretty stiff fine. But like byrnech said....i just unbolted my condenser and left all the hoses and everything else on, and just twisted it out of the way. It was a while ago that i installed my cam, but as i remember it was a fairly tight squeeze to get it in, but it worked just fine by removing the radiator and getting the condensor out of the way.
vortech s trim,edelbrock 6032's, b303, cobra intake, 70mm tb, pro m 75mm bullet, granatelli alum. rad., accel 330+ digital ign., msd boost tim. ret., 30# inj., 190 lph fuel pump, t-rex pump, bbk, press. reg., tremec tko, ram billet flywheel, dual friction clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum quadrant, motorsport alum. driveshaft, hooker headers, off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back, subframes, megabyte jr lowers, heavy duty uppers, eibach springs drag springs, koni sport shocks, polished cobra r's, 85-86 taillights, msd pro billet distributor
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:38 AM   #8
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Default I was tweaking

Okay not really..........

I have no idea what your talking about with guages
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote