MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
MustangSoSassy
Registered Member

Default Fuel system – difficult fuel fill/nozzle shuts off

I have a 2006 GT Mustang and I have been having trouble filling up my gas tank. No matter what the gas gauge says the pump shuts off because its telling the gas pump there is a full tank. I've gone to a different pump and it wouldn't matter, it registered full after 17 cents and we "forced" the pump to add another $18.00 into it. It's been intermittally and I have taken it to the Ford Dealership to have it looked into.

They added a new gas "throat" which has a sensor in it to take care of the problem. When I got the car back I was actually having more gas added to the tank cause it registered full before it was. But unfortunately after two weeks it happened again when I stopped to put $15.00 in it. The gas attendant kept on hitting the nozzle to add the gas. It doesn't matter whether it was to fill or just add a couple of dollars in it.

One of the Ford employees has a mustang also and she said she thought it was her imagination when she had it happened to her.

One other Mustang enthusiast said he had heard about it happening but this was over a year ago and I only met him once at a mustang meet.

Has anyone else have a problem with this and what was the outcome?

Thanks
MustangSoSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
bourbon
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel system – difficult fuel fill/nozzle shuts off

i've always thought all fords had a problem with this. just stick the nozzle in a little ways and pump your gas. when it gets close to the top stick it all the way in and go slow.
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: