MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Mustang_Madness08
Registered Member

Default Wheels Help!

Hey all -
I seen this board and decided to drop in and register... Looks fairly decent so far... I was just curious about something... I'm looking for some wheels for my 01 Mustang... 18 x 9 front - 18 x 10.5 rear... I'm looking for something like the 03 Cobra wheels but can't seem to find any that are under 2500 for a set... Anyone have any good websites that I can go to where I can find semi-cheap wheels? Thanks for the help.

-Tara
Mustang_Madness08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
mich_mustang88man
Registered Member

Default Re: Wheels Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness08 View Post
Hey all -
I seen this board and decided to drop in and register... Looks fairly decent so far... I was just curious about something... I'm looking for some wheels for my 01 Mustang... 18 x 9 front - 18 x 10.5 rear... I'm looking for something like the 03 Cobra wheels but can't seem to find any that are under 2500 for a set... Anyone have any good websites that I can go to where I can find semi-cheap wheels? Thanks for the help.

-Tara
did you try USA AND* CANADA look in fast ford or mod mustang mags there is all kinds of stuff in there if not they have sister sites
mich_mustang88man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
mikeh090
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey all -

-Tara
I Got my cobra r rims off ebay. They have alot of mustang wheels. If you haven't looked their I suggest you do.
mikeh090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
magician2009
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey all -

-Tara
Hi Tara.

$2,500 for a set? Where are you shopping girl????

I just upgraded my 2006 GT from factory 17" wheels to 20" General tires and Foose rims, staggerd. The Foose rims get horns beeping and thumbs up every time I take the car on the road.

These rims, pictured in my avatar, are quite high-end. High sheen, flared-five-spoke, chrome, and deep. the entire purchase, including installation, tires, rims, lugnut kit, balance, everything, cost me $2,700. Not cheap, but first class.

18" is nice, but with little change in cost you could easily go up to 20 inches. It makes a huge difference in the overall profile of the vehicle.

As for where to buy, I prefer to have my work done locally, since I'm dealing with real people who back up their service. Any money you may save purchasing online can possibly come back to haunt you if there is a problem. Just a thought.

Best of luck. Rims are the single biggest after-market upgrade you can make to get your car to really pop. Have fun on your adventure.

Scot

Last edited by magician2009; 05-01-2009 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: Poor writing, lol.
magician2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: