MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-30-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Default No streak Windows

Did a test today. Washed my 1998 Pontiac Montana after getting back from a 1000 mile interstate trip yesterday and decided to test the hints on clean windows given in earlier posts on this board.

Washed and dried the minivan (lots of windows). Noticable streaks on windows. Some are heavily tinted and really show streaks.

Tried the Invisible Glass on the inside of the front windshield and RainX on the outside. I could not believe the effect. Just used paper towels. The windshield was "Invisible".

Tried regular ammonia based cleaner on the side windows. No comparison.

On the front windshield after RainX I could rub my figer tip over the glass and it was like waxed. No detectable surface scratches. On the side windows I could feel a rough surface and still see little marks and very small but noticble "white areas".

IMO the Invisible Glass and RainX combo is miles ahead of regular glass cleaning techniques. And the time was not really any longer except I had to redo all the side windows with RainX/Invisible Glass.