MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-05-2003, 10:49 PM   #1
82 GT
Import Slayer

Default How do you keep wax on a car?

Here's the problem: When you wax your car, how do you wash it the next time without removing the wax?
If you use car wash detergent, it takes the wax off. If you go to the car wash...it also removes the wax job.
So how do you wash a car without removing the wax?
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 01:07 PM   #2
Ntrcptr
Registered Member

i wax my car about once every 2 weeks depending on the wheather, i use the Meguiar`s spray on wax and take my car to the car wash about every other day to wash it, i use the car wash detergent and it dont seem to take the wax off because the next time im there the water is still beading off and it still shines. also if your looking for the ultimate wax go for the formula 113 wax, that has got to be the best wax ive ever used.
89 lx police interceptor, rebuilt 302, chrome bbk headers, h-pipe 2-chamber flows with chrome tips, hurst short throw shifter, koni shocks, eibach lowering springs, 4.11 posi, 17x8.5 ROH wheels, removed smog pump, Flex-a-lite electric fan, roller rockers, aluminum driveshaft, ....... and much more to come
Ntrcptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:15 PM   #3
82 GT
Import Slayer

Angry

Is that formula 113 also made by Meguiar`s ?
Maybe I'll try that. I hate having a black car....
'82 GT 351W (.060)Comp Cams 274* Extreme Energy cam, ported & polished heads w/ 1.94/1.60 valves 10.3:1 flat top pistons,stealth intake, Mallory dizzy,Holley 750dp carb, BBK shorties,Flowmaster exhaust,C-4 with 3700 stall converter, B&M pro shifter,8.8 rear, 4:10's, subframes, electric fan, powermaster alternator, 4 core radiator.
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #4
mustang5.0lx
Registered Member

Exclamation using wax

if you use a good wax the wax will not come off next time you wash your car use car soap and it won't take off the wax the only soap that takes off wax is if you use dish soap you should wax your car onnec a month i usually do it more depends on the weather i recommend try the emerald series from turtle wax it carnuba wax it works the best for the price its hard to get off thats how you can tell its a better wax if you cut it then use a circular motion it comes off easier
Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Do yourself a favor and take a trip to your local Harley Davidson store. Pick up a can of S100 carnuba wax. You just wipe it on and wipe it off. It doesn't have to haze. It's simple to use and pretty cheap (~$15).

Oh, before you wax with S100, pour yourself a nice glass of wine, throw on some classical music, and ENJOY waxing with S100!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:36 AM   #6
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Try this

Here's a trick my father taught me. Put 2-4 ounces of wax IN your wash water and wash your car. This is to be done BETWEEN periodic wax jobs. Dry the car with a towel or chamois cloth..It works for me and my car beads water longer and shines longer.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

2-4 ounces of wax is alot!! I only use about an ounce of shampoo for two gallons of water. I can't imagine using almost 4 ounces of wax in the water...then again, I don't use a liquid wax.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:49 PM   #8
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Add less wax to smaller quantities

I tend to use a around 4 gallons of washwater. Cut the amount in half for 2 gallons and it will work. Keep it shining!!
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #9
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Hey guys (& gals), I have been reading your comments about wax and I wanted to share something with you. I have been using Eagle One's "Wax as You Dry". This stuff is awesome to use between wax jobs. I have three cars, all are black and one I drive 65,000 per year, the second 25,000 per year, the third (the Mustang) about 10,000 per year. Nothing is worse on a wax job then miles of driving in the rain and snow. And, I am really, really impressed with this product (My wife and I work in sales...this is why we drive so much).

You simply wash your car using any car cleaner that you like (I use Eagle One Car Wash), then, as you dry the car, mist some "Wax as You Dry" on the car. The car will look like you just waxed it! and it will feel like you just waxed it. It adds no time to drying the car, because I have found that it actually makes drying the car easier.

Sometimes, I follow with Eagle One detailing spray if the mood hits me. You also must know that I work for the company that owns Blue Coral and Westley's products and I can get gallons of those products if I want, but I am verry happy with Eagle One.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:34 AM   #10
jcn
Registered Member

I use a polymer sealant called 5 Star Shine. I haven't needed to use soap in my car in 7 months. www.5starshine.com

There is a good thread of info on it on www.nicoclub.com

search the site using 'star shine'

Last edited by jcn; 11-07-2003 at 10:39 AM..
jcn is offline   Reply With Quote