MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-15-2002, 12:09 PM   #1
NewStang02
Registered Member

Talking First Mod Exhaust

Well I broke the ice and did my first mod.Got duel exhaust,FlowMaster 50 Series Delta Flow Mufflers,H-Pipe,tail pipe's out the back with stainless steal tips,exiting under the stock bumper.The 50 series sound pretty quiet in the car,not sure if I should have got the 40 series,haven't driven it enough to tell yet.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:10 PM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

on a v6 the 2 chamber (40 series) are way too pingy. I have them on mine and do not like it.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #3
digital3.3

if you just put the mufflers on in the last couple of days, give it a bit longer to break them in, so to say. they may get a bit louder thats what mine did i got the 2-chamber flowmaster on my i-6 mustang and it sounded better after a week or two. it actually sounds pretty good. but i'm going to straighting out the pipes as much as i can to decrease the restriction of flow and it should get a bit louder. that and i'm removing the cat from the car. it should sound neat.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:05 PM   #4
GodStang
College Stanger

If you make your car not have enough restrition you will lose HP. You need a certain amout of back pressure to balance things out.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #5
digital3.3

yeah i run two different pipe sizes. 2 1/4" to the cat and 2" after the cat is perfect for the i-6 any bigger and it sounds stupid and will have too little restriction. i found a exhast shop that had a guy that used to work for ford there and the restriction needed for my engine is still there cause i won't striaghten it right out, it still has the bend for the pipe to change from the manifold on the left to the muffler on the right. most exhasts have to much restriction than is needed. it usually doesn't need a series of turns in the system or else there will be too much restriction and you will have what seems to be less horse power also.