MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2004, 11:02 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Zaino on a Mystic Cobra

One of my friends just bought an all original, 28K mile 96 Mystic Cobra, a local one owner car. He was saying it was perfect except for wax in all the cracks, so I volunteered. This weekend that Mystic Cobra is getting the Zaino treatment! I can't wait, I have always wanted to get my hands on one of those!!!! One thing is for sure, no more Walmart wax for him after this

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
aar0s
Registered Member

post some before and after pics!
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Oh, I'll take some pictures! That is, if I get to do it, its raining like hell out there right now, I hope it get's it all out of its system tonight, all of MY Mustangs are dirty right now, too

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Old 08-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

We didn't have time to Zaino the whole car because we got a late start. It's been raining since Thursday when he picked it up, so we spent a lot of time cleaning it first. We did get to do the hood, though. Then he had to be somewhere else.

This is a 26K mile all original, damn near perfect car, it is awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jordan 007.jpg (81.5 KB, 60 views)

Old 08-22-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

haha thats a nice car ..and a nice plate i want a custom one now
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM   #6
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Yeah, that's cool. Unfortunately, the plates are registered to the previous owner, so he can't keep them. I said the HP stands for Harold Phillips, so it looks like it's my car, but he wouldn't go for it

Old 08-23-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
webslinger
Registered Member

Harold.....what kind of wax do you use or recommend..?

That Cobra was so shiney , it looked wet!!! Very nice!!!
webslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by webslinger
Harold.....what kind of wax do you use or recommend..?

That Cobra was so shiney , it looked wet!!! Very nice!!!
I use a product called Zaino. You can't buy it in stores, but you can get it at www.zainobros.com.

It's a 2 part system, I use the Z1 Show Car Polish Lok first, it's a pre-cleaner and gloss conditioner. I rub it all over the whole car, then go directly over it with Z2 Show Car Polish. After it dries I wipe it down with a clean towel, and finish with the Z6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer, which is an EXCELLENT detail spray.

I usually put a second coat of Z2 followed by Z6 on my Orange Vert, the paint just glows. In fact, I did mine Saturday night, and it's so clean I can't drive it until this rain stops, I am driving my Chevy truck. Its nice having a spare!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98gt 021.jpg (71.4 KB, 43 views)

Old 08-23-2004, 11:27 PM   #9
webslinger
Registered Member

Default wow.....

Yours looks great to....thanks for the info...after i get my 90 GT painted I will be sure to use Zaino.....

thanks again
Old 08-23-2004, 11:47 PM   #10
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I have used Zaino products for at least 2 years, it outshines and outlasts ANYTHING I have used before. I will try anything that is above the norm, there is nothing I like better than sitting on a skateboard rubbing down a car.

Half the guys in our Mustang Club use Zaino, on a lot more expensive cars than I am driving, but the color of mine and my son's Laser Red 98 GT really show off the wet look shine of the Zaino, so people are always asking me about it.

Here's a recent pic of the 98 GT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98gt 007.jpg (85.3 KB, 43 views)

Old 08-24-2004, 12:09 AM   #11
webslinger
Registered Member

that is incredible....good job man......hope my 90 GT comes out that good when i get done
Old 10-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #12
Pitchblackstang
Registered Member

I know this threads kinda old but I hust zaino-ed my new black stang. i love this stuff. I have never seen or used anything better.

Pitchblackstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:07 PM   #13
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Think it looks great now? Wipe it down with the Z6 Gloss Enhancer and then put another coat of the polish, no need to use the shine loc. You can put as much as you want on it, it just gets a deeper shine. My wife's black V6 looks awesome. My Orange 97 GT Vert has 4 coats on it, and so does my son's Laser Red 98 GT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98gt 007.jpg (75.9 KB, 22 views)

Old 11-21-2004, 12:08 PM   #14
Devine65GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Zaino on a Mystic Cobra

Orange97GTVert, i was looking at the website but it really didnt say anything, or that i could find about what kinda paint its for. i have dupont emron on my 65 and your not saposed to use any wax it will saposedly dule the finish. would this product work for me? if so what do you suggest i buy?..
Old 11-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #15
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I would contact the people at Zaino. I don't know much about Imron. Zaino has products for clear coat and non-clear coat, but I would hate to steer you wrong. I think there is an email address where you could ask the Zaino people.

Old 11-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #16
Devine65GT
Registered Member

ok thanks for the help.. its got a nice shine but i want it BETTER!!