MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2002, 06:06 AM   #1
Daniel Skoby
Registered Member

Question side scoops

How do you remove the side scoops from a 2002 GT?
Daniel Skoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:58 AM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

by scraping along a fence post! rofl....at least thats how I did it....but from having to put another on I saw the clips that hold in in place, youll have to break it or end up bending it somewhat to "pop" it off...just the way those snaps are, when you pop one in, the head part tat goes through the hole and secures it is too large to come back out, probably designed not to fall off ....but the only reason I could see you wanting to take them off is either to replace them with a different looking one or replace the grill on it with something different, in which case you can just take off the grill (probably break it taking it off), or you can take it all off....they run for about $75 with installation pieces PER side from ford....so for a little plastic piece its rather expensive...just a warning....

-jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote