MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-01-2003, 03:34 AM   #1
B2r3y
Registered Member

Default New KK & Fly squeeks - really soft

Just got finsihed installing my new flywheel and KK setup and the first thing that i noticed when i started driving is how extremely easy it launched. it didnt rock, stall, jump or anything it just went like it was an automatic. The shifting was the next thing that surprised me. It literally feels like its an automatic when its shifting. Also when i shifted at 4 grand (only once since its new till breakin is done), it didnt even salm back stall shifted extremely smooth.
This makes me wonder a few things. With the pedal being so soft and easy and it shifting extremely smooth, did i not do something right? The last KK clutch i had, gripped extremely hard and this one is really smooth. The other thing is that on the other one i didnt resurface or use a new fly and it was really messed up and im using a new fly with this one. Could the new flywheel be a cause of it being SO EASY?
The squeeking i hear is when i depress the clutch it squeeks and i remember it squeeking after i blew out the other clutch plate when i was pressing the pedal.
thanks
bryan
B2r3y is offline   Reply With Quote