View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 07:25 AM   #5
over 40 five oh driver
Registered Member

Cool

Nice setup you have, but the Formula GP suspension is probably too tight not allowing any decent weight transfer. Also, too much tire pressure in them...I run 26 psi in my Nittos on the street and 20 at the track. It still takes for finesse or I can light mine up pretty bad. But with practice...you can learn the best technique for your cars setup. With the S-Trim, you will have to run a lower tire pressure on the street...maybe 25 psi, and launch just above idle and then find a rate of throttle movement that brings on the power and torque w/o breaking the tires loose. If you go to the track...run them down to about 18-20 psi, and do a good 4-5 second burnout. I ran mine at 32 psi at track and wa having problems until a friend recommended dropping the tire pressure and heating them up more. Next launch scared me! Anyways, just experiment...you'll find the "notch" soon enough. Good luck...Dave

------------------
92'GT, Keith Craft Racing 306 (10.25:1 CR), PRO-M 80mm MAF,65MM TB, Edelbrock U/L intake,
TFS-TW heads milled/ported, CompCams XE274HR (.555/.565" lift w/1.6 rockers), A-351 adjustable roller rockers, 30# injectors,
Kirban FPR w/external pump, FRPP ceramic coated headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani cat back, Centerforce DF clutch/T.O. bearing...MSD 6AL w/MSD distributor, Steeda Tri axe, aluminum D/S, 3.73's, w/Factory Five U/L control arms. Lakewood 50/50 shocks. Steeda Front Drag swa
over 40 five oh driver is offline   Reply With Quote