MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2001, 02:02 AM   #1
Mustang[RIP]
Registered Member

Post New Mustang

Hi all,
I have been a happy Mustang owner for about 5 years I have had a 95 Mustang 5.0 Convertable and a 97 Mustang that was pretty cool.
Anyway I just bought a 1967 Mustang inline 6 and I plan on doing something with it but I'm not sure what to do.
I have had a couple of cars in car magz but they were VW's and it was when I was 20 years old so I have worked on many cars for years.
I have the drum brakes on this car and I want to put 4 whell disc brakes forsure so what I was wondering is does anyone know where I can start buying parts and what are some of the better places to buy from.
I am in So California I am close to saleen on of my fav cars I was going to buy on when I bought my 95 but my wife and I couldn't find so we looked at the Cobra and on the test drive my son barfed all over the only Cobra on the lot so we past that one up and got the Convert GT.
Well if anyone has any ideas please let me know I have alot of work to do to make this car the way I want it and I know it will take me more then a year to do but I feel like a kid again so this will be fun.
Thanks,
Bob
Mustang[RIP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:41 PM   #2
thunderbolt
Registered Member

Had good experience with Mustangs Plus. Get thier catalog, it will keep you busy for a while. Had good luck with National Parts Depot in the past and heard many good things about Canadian Mustang. Larrys T-bird and Mustang also has a good reputation with restoration parts. Pick up an issue of Mustang monthly or Mustang and fast ford to get some more vendor ideas. Good luck.
thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 01:50 AM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have had lots of luck with national parts depot. Mustang plus is good to but are expensive. If u are looking for some more power ford performance parts catalog has and aluminum cylnder head for the I-6 also.

------------------
69 fastback 428 cobra jet 67 fastback 390 gta 97 f 150 5.4 xlt mark 3: Yahoo messenger eat_mopars_and_crap-chevys.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote