MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Fastorange
Registered Member

Default Advice

Hello,

New guy here hoping to get some advice. I own a 93 cobra, which is all stock with the exception of hooker long tube headers, no cats, and a ported upper and lower intake manifold. I am really looking for some more power out of it but I'm in a bit of a situation. I am not at all interested in blowers/N20 . I realize you can make TONS of power with them, but I want a N/A build up. Does anyone know if an E303 camshaft will work with my stock electronics? I was also thinking of 1.6 roller rockers, but I'm afraid those will also screw something up. I am just looking for say a 30-50 hp increase. Something to give LS-1's a run for their money. Also does anyone know if the ford racing upper control arms will help improve traction any? all I can get out of that car in 1st is clouds of smoke, and by then the race is over. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
- Mike
Fastorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
monroegt
Registered Member

Default Re: Advice

bbk intake cheap price but good performance
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: Advice

This thread is kinda old so I don't know if you've done anything yet or if you'll even see this(but here goes). The electronics(here after known as the MAF or mass air) will compensate for your bolt ons, thats the beauty of it. What I'd be worried about is the clearance for the 1.7 rockers, on the valve covers, with the E cam. You're wanting 1.6s anyhow so.. I think it will work fine. No power adder, that fine, the 93s don't have forged pistons anyhow.. 6#s of boost 'shouldn't' hurt it though.

My suggestion would be to get a bigger MAF and have the heads ported, when you have the cam and rockers installed.

Traction- First and foremost, you are going to want better tires and maybe lower control arms. Upper control arms may stiffen up the rear and help but the lower is the main thing. I've heard the uppers are a PITA to remove too.

Last but not least- Do you really want to do alot of modifing to that 93 Cobra? They only made like umm.. 5003 of them and they are an 'in demand' car. Its a collectors item and I personally wouldn't do too much to it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: