MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2002, 02:50 AM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default Bullitt vs GT

what is the difference between the Bullitt and GT? from what I'v seen it was only done in 2001 and just had a different set of wheels (standard on the premium GT in 2002) that different gas tank cover, and 3 more HP, plus less space in the engine compartment.... so what IS the difference besides that... cuz the costs wer some odd 3k more. any clues? and is it worth trying to find a bullitt vs a GT?

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 08:35 AM   #2
blackvert00
Registered Member

the bullitt also has retro style dash gauges, seats and various other appearance differences. but as far as performance, the bullit has a different suspension, brakes, and has a different intake. i believe it was MM&FF that did a dyno test with the bullit intake vs the GT intake. with no power adder, there wasn't much of a difference, but with a power adder the bullit intake is far superior.
blackvert00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:08 AM   #3
SLOW 97
Registered Member

The Bullitt is defintiley set up for a power adder. Performance wise it has:

-Bullitt Intake Manifold (No more weak plastic)
-Hi Flow Cat-Back
-Underdirve Pulleys
-Tokico Shocks/Struts
-Lowering Springs

Stock Bullitt vs. Stock GT will come down to driver ability. The better driver will win because the Bullitt is just slightly quicker.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 11:03 AM   #4
Los
Registered Member

slightly is an overstatement.
When against a GT,
its all about the driver...
unless its an auto.

If you want speed, buy a Civic.
http://www.bullittzero.com/TRS3/index.php3
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:15 PM   #5
Torinalth
Registered Member

so the bullitt is better suited for a project car with future improvements in mind, while the GT is just the normal GT?

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 12:17 PM   #6
Los
Registered Member

Good luck finding a Bullitt for sale, for cheap at that.

The Bullitts are more of a special ed. car, like the Cobra R and such. Yeah, modifying it would save you some cash when you decide to add a blower because the intake nets you something like 20 extra hp when you add the blower to it. Other than the intake and unique exhaust, the car is essentially a GT... oh yeah, we have thicker subframe connectors and sway bars.

sure.

Old 05-17-2002, 01:45 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

To be honest with you I think moding up a Bullit is almost a crime. I mean, moding is cool, but turning it to a project car is just not good, IMO. Just buy a GT.

Bullits are collector's cars.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #8
Torinalth
Registered Member

that is what I was getting at. ok, I still need to sell my damn acura.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #9
Los
Registered Member

<---- unmodded Bullitt for now.

By Christmas, I expect low 13s with small knick knacks.

Old 05-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I don't think the Bullitt will ever be all that it's been cracked up to be in the collector arena. Maybe, but I just basically consider it a GT with a different intake. If you want to mod it up, I see no issues with it. It's not like it would be hard to find parts to put it back to stock, or that most modifications would require losing the ability to put it back to stock.

Collector cars are fine, but cars were meant to be driven, not put away into a plastic bag.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I got a chance to drive a Bullit last night. I didnt get all on the throttle like I do on my car, and I shifted just after 5000 (The guy really baby's his car, so I drove it like he does at the track)

One thing I will say is...THE SEATS ARE AWESOME. I love those seats. I want a set. You just fit in them like your part of the car..Its awesome. Love the shift knob and handle also (Stock Shifter though Sucks AZZ).

The Brakes are the second thing I noticed, They are much more responsive, and confident (Although there isnt much wrong with a basic GT's Brakes).

Third thing is Handling..The car handles very nicely. Sure footed thats for sure. Nice suspension for twisties..Sucks for Drag Racing.

One thing I didnt notice, although I didnt get on the car real Hard, or launch hard, is the added performance. There supposed to have a substantial amount more bottom end than the basic GT...Arent they?????

I know my car isnt stock like the Bullit I drove last night, but still, my car feels like it has alot...ALOT more Motor in it. All through the RPM's. NO offense to the Bullit, its a beautifull, Cool Car. But my car just felt explosive compared to it.

Oh, I love the clutch in it Also. It feels great, and grabs real good. Its a Ford Motor Sport Clutch aint it??? Sure felt nice. Not mushy like my pedal.

THEN I DROVE TIM C's CAR! A 35th Special ed, Aniv GT. Which in the handling department is the exact opposite of the Bullit. He gave me permission to stand on the gas a little (I didnt drive it like I do my car though. I only rang his up to 5500, and granny shifted..I'm not use to the gear)

The Supension was awesome for a diffrent reason, it squatted in the rear, rose in the front, and just Plain Went. The headers sound awesome....Especially IN the car. Between shifts it gets this cool Blow Off Valve like sound coming from the H (No, no exhaust leaks).

One thing I noticed is my car still felt like it has a little more bottom End than his, not withstanding the Gear though.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 03:20 PM   #12
Tim C
Registered Member

Yeah, my headers moved the powerband up just a little, but 4.10s more than make up for that . So, Merc, did you like my suspension set up? I'm not done though.
Tim C
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 03:41 PM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I hope Clint doesnt take offense to what I said about his car, Its really nice, A fine Machine for cruising, especially with the suspension, brakes and seats. Gotta love the Old Style Gauges also.

I'm probably tainted by my car when it comes to straight line performance, thats why the Bullit might not of felt as strong. Its hard to remember how my car felt stock (ALthough its not really to far from it. Just basic Bolt ons). SOunded good for a stock car also. Had a unique exhaust note. Muscular, muted, but still ballsy.

TIM C

Your car was definetly fun to drive. I had to REALLY REALLY FIGHT THE URGE to Floor it, and drive it like I do mine. That little devil was sitting on my left shoulder chanting Its okay...He wont mind a little show. See what this baby can do....Go Ahead....STEP ON IT...Drive it like it was your own...

I definetly love the way the front end Rose when the Loud Pedal was stepped on. Hehehehehe. And the Gears.....man..I need em. Felt alot diffrent than the last time I drove it.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote