MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
Rollinastang
Registered Member

Default Check out this cobra video....

I dont know this guy but my brothers freind has a site and this was on it....it is a sad day for nitrouse powered cobra....lol..DONT TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANYWHERE!!!
http://s116840157.onlinehome.us/KillsprayDynoDay.wmv

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Check out this cobra video....

I've seen that, I showed it to my son, told him that is why he doesn't need NOS! That looks like an expensive repair, no telling what all got blown up along with the intake.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Rollinastang
Registered Member

i agree for the price of the nos....it could also caus tons of other expensive problems.

03 Mustang convertible V6, Sonic Blue with black top, K&N air intake, MAC dual 2.5in H-Pipe, MAC 2.5in cat-back exhaust with 3in stainless tips, custom Slime Blue gauge cluster, Alpine Head Unit, 4 Alpine 6x8 thumpin speakers in doors and rear panel!
Rollinastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #4
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Nitrous is wonderful ..that guy was just a loser
Old 05-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
Simi Stang

Nitrous is totally safe if used properly & as long as you don't get carried away with putting in bigger jets, etc. Pretty much all systems these days have a fuel pressure safety switch which shuts off the flow of nitrous if the volume of incoming fuel, or the fuel pressure drops too low. So they are almost fool proof as long as you upgrade your fuel system. Just make sure that you have plenty of fuel, one or two steps colder spark plug & retard the timing 2-3 degrees for every 50hp of the shot you are running and you're good to go. An aftermarket ignition is a good idea too. That guy with the Cobra had to be running a big shot &/or didn't take the necessary precautions when using nitrous. You might not send your intake through the hood...but engine damage can happen to supercharged or turbo cars too, just as easily IMO.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #6
gt-hunter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi Stang
Nitrous is totally safe if used properly & as long as you don't get carried away with putting in bigger jets

True...I was running 100hp jets on my last car and I never had even the slightest problem.

Of course, I did take precautions, dual solenoids, FP regulator, FPSS, window switch and I would always check the solenoids before I went out to run. If one ever went bad I wouldn't run that night and I wanted to know about it BEFORE I was at WOT.

I also didn't get greedy. I ran a 100hp shot and that was all. Changed the fuel filter every 10k miles and changed oil every 2500. Anything you can do to diminish the damage that juice does to your engine (and believe me, no matter how small...it does do some) you have to do.

I saw a guy with a WS6 blow his intake off during a dyno run. some flames and a lot of crap in pants that day...heh

Gone:
-------------------------------------
2002 Millenium Yellow Z06 w/mod red
-------------------------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White,
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
SVT4ME