MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2000, 10:26 AM   #1
beefcake
Registered Member

Post New ET 11.457 @ 123.63 in a 99 Cobra!

Well, decided to try my first NMRA event this weekend. Got in early on friday and the weather was awful, 80+ Degrees and 100% Humidity.

Started the day off like always, crappy. I made 4 passes.
1)13.1
2)12.9
3)12.7
4)12.6
My best mph for friday test n tune was 110.84. Needless to say, i was highly disappointed. Did manage to knock down my best 60' at 1.73. Couldn't understand why my et wasn't better nor my MPH. Bout the only thing that ever runs consistent is that i get better each run.

After talking with Dayton Cobra and him preaching the fact that I run the car too hot, i thought maybe he was right, the car kept pulling down on the big end and loosing power. Just an fyi for those of you who haven't been to the track with me. To see me buy a bag of ice and wait more than 5 minutes to make a pass, is about as likely as never seeing another gear post by Fourcam! Also, talked to Bob Cosby from the Corral (He camped with us, i feel sorry for the man to have to deal with us after a 12 hour drive) He said he was taking his sway bar off and suggested i do the same. He was kind enought to lend a hand saturday.

Anyway, I head to the track saturday for qualifying. I got 3 runs in.
1)12.41 @ 114
2)12.209@ 115 (The cars best et to date)
3)12.24 @ 118.69
On each run I let the car cool to almost the c, kinda forced too due to rain. The car never pulled down once on the big end, i was shifting a little harder also.

I felt much better with the day. Sunday, After talking with Jaime Meyer 5.0 writer & NMRA announcer, and him telling me that he was sending ESPN 2 to do an interview for Inside Drag Racing, i figured it had to be balls to the wall. I pulled the front seat, rear seat and even thought about sucking gas out of the tank (I had over 3/4 of a tank). Couldn't find a hose though, lol.

Here is the timeslip from the run

Needless to say, i was very pleased with the run, the lauch was a bit high at 6500, got some spin and cut a 1.628 60'. Being as the car has gone 1.571 with more weight and a sway bar, i figure with more experience and a 1.52 or so 60', the car will go 11.2 to 11.3 the way it sits now. Btw, we still haven't upgraded the fuel system. And the air was awful. If you look at the timeslip, temp was 77degrees and 100% humidity.

Anyway, I am happy to post a great time and a great MPH, it's been a long road to get the car there, we will be putting in the walbro pump in the next week or so, shift point should move up real nice, I think there is a small chance for 10's at only the 8psi we are running right now, maybe 9 if we keep the rev's up.

Kudos again to the NMRA for putting on a great show, & Dayton Cobra, Dedpedal Gang, & Bob Cosby for all their support and inspiration. BTW, you should have seen Bob and Rich (Dayton Cobra) Banging through the gears on them 99's. When we left, Bob was setting up for his 3rd round in F/S! He will be a contender, lol.

------------------
Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I'm living proof. Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!

Owner – Team Beefcake Racing Ultimate Bulletin Board
http://www.fordcobra.cc/cgi-bin/Ulti...i?action=intro

99' Rio Red Cobra Coupe--3586 out of 4040--Off the line 6/17 487 RWHP - ET 11.487@123.69

Mustang World Feature Mustang 2/8/00, Mustang World Feature Mustang 3/25/00, Mustang World Feature Mustang 9/19/00, Mustang Works Car of the Week 5/10/00, Blue Oval News Feature Car 8/3/00[/b]

Forgeline RS Wheels 17x11 Rear with 315's and 17x9 1/2 Front with 275's, 92' Housing w/31 Spline, Auburn PRO, FMS 4.10 Gears, CCM Uppers & South Side Lower Control Arms, FMS Adjustable Springs, Tremec TKO 3550, McLeod Custom Twin Plate Clutch, Drive Shaft Loop, 6 Point Roll Bar, K&N Air Filter, Ported Heads, Ported FMS Shorty Headers, Bassani X Pipe, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, JE Forged Pistons, Manley Forged Rods, 50lb/hr Injectors, ProM MAF, SHM 8Lb (3.60 Pulley) Vortech Super Charger, 8 Rib Pulley Setup, SHM Intercooler, Anderson Ford Power Pipe, KB Oil Pan, KB Windage Tray, KB Front Lowering Springs, FMS Adjustable Rear Springs, Pinion Snubber, KB Sub Frame Connectors, Steeda Front Sway Bar & Bushings, 5pt Racing Harness, Autometer Phantom Boost & Fuel Pressure Gauges, Steeda Pedal Covers, Kirbin Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, Autologic Custom Chip, Tinted Windows 80%, Cobra Grill Emblem, Saleen Side Scoops, Steeda Rear Wing, Steeda Cobra R Hood, MGW LTD (E-Brake Handle, AC Controls, Headlight Switch, Cigarette Lighter, & Shift Knob)

Coming Soon: 11 Second ET's!

00' Toyota 4 Runner SR5

01' Ford F150 Crew Cab

My site http://www.fordcobra.cc or http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com
beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2000, 11:47 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Congrats on the new times!

487 RWHP with only 8 lbs of boost. That's very impressive.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote