MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

Default 2003 Mach 1

YIPPPPIEEEEEEEEE
My dealer called me today to inform me that my 2003 MACH 1
has been put in the ford database and will be the first car delivered to their dealership.He says he expects delivery of the car in 4 to 6 weeks :O
Everything i have read to date said they wouldnt even be in production until january.Oh well im just glad i will be one of the 6500 owners of the MACH 1.
P.S....My car will be Red,5 speed,Dark charcoal interior,ford is supposed to contact him in the AM with a final price tag!!!!
If anyone is interested i will post the Price in the next day or so as soon as he calls me back.Ford has informed my dealer that this picture is exactly what the car will look like,so for those following the car like myself,heres a picture of the final product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003mach1-04d.jpg (92.0 KB, 98 views)
Doug McGinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 05:44 PM   #2
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

P.S.S.... If the car actually arrives in 6 weeks be prepared for some actual photos of the car.Im not holding my breath tho im thinking its going to be a longer wait than that.
Sorry for ranting and carrying on im just excited and needed to share it with someone else.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:59 PM   #3
wade73
Registered Member

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!! as soon as you get post pics. that will be one helluva ride man! congrats!!!

p.s.: you make me SICK!!! I WANT ONE SOOOOOOO BAD..LOLOLOL

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
wade73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 08:05 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That's so cool! i didnt even know they were going to be made for sure. Let us know when you get it, or as soon as you know when it's actually coming.

What are the final specs on the car?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:06 AM   #5
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Wow!!! Congrats on the delivery.

Excited for ya and the pictures you owes us.

Interested in final pricing too.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

God I love that look. I saw it online the other day!!! Dude, you are lucky...and you suck! Haha, well, not really, but still, I'm jealous! Where does that fall in to the Mustang heirarchy? Better than Gt less than Cobra? Cobra-ish? Or, dare I say it, more than Cobra? Well, if it's more than Cobra, then I'll go on record and say I will sh*t a brick!!!!

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #7
GITY UUP
Registered Member

Default Congrats!!!!!

Congratulations, it's a sweet looking ride. Are you sure you want to get red though??? Watch out for those troopers if you do!!! Definately post those pics as soon as you get them. I'm gonna guess the price is around $26,500 for the hardtop.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:18 PM   #8
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

Well its only available in Black,white,blue,yellow,grey,red
I have owned both a white and black car before in fact both of my current vehicles are black and i dont want another one,i dont like the blue,i hate yellow and im not sure what the grey looks like so that leaves red.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:08 PM   #9
surfbeast
Registered Member

the guy who gussed 26,500 has got to be kidding!! Try 34K Minimum maybe 32 K stripped, but then this is a limmited, fully loaded car, you can only upgrade! Ford says a little over 300 Hp, basically a 2002 Cobra with a few extras, live axel, suspension , interior and badging besides the collectibility of a limited addition, forget the six week delivery, the dealer is blowing smoke up your -- - - . He'll come back and let you know it will be more like 3 - 6 months. Ford does not want to release the Mach 1 untill well after the debut and sales of the 03 Cobra. Why bring out to SUPER cars at one time. Fords best estimate is last quarter 02 to first quarter 03. You can pre order the car but delivery will be later. BUT hey , with that kind of car the wait is worth it!!
Old 05-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #10
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

Well if you picked up the last edition of mustangs and fast fords they do say its 26,500 but how would they know.Im guessing 28,500 simply because the car is intended to fill the price gap between the GT and the 390 HP supercharged cobra,which they will be raising the price on.As far as delivery im with you he says 4-6 weeks but im guessing 3 months or better the main thing i was concerned about was getting the exact car i wanted into the ford build database under my name,which the dealer got done.
So now its a waiting game like you said.Im sure it will be no different than all the people who waited and waited for the new thunderchickens.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:29 AM   #11
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

OK its final now the car is mine,its just a waiting game now.
The car is listing for $29,270 my dealer is selling to me for $28,445 since i purchased my 35th Anni. Limited edition from his as well.Then hes giving me the GT rebate as well which will be 1000.00 or 1500.00 depending on whats running when the car actually arrives.
Anyway at least their commited now and cant try to add 5000.00 to the window sticker like their doing with the Thunderbirds.
I go in wednesday to have mine appraised for trade in which he said they will also lock in wheather the Mach 1 gets here in 6 weeks or 6 months (unless i total it or something stupid).

Anyway im very happy with the final price tag on the car i was really afraid it was going to be over 30,000.
Stay tuned for photos... heheh
Maybe 6 weeks or maybe 6 months
Old 05-30-2002, 02:39 PM   #12
SLOW 97
Registered Member

You're right on with the price. But, you won't get it in 6 weeks. It'll be around the end of the year before it's delivered. It'll be worth the wait though. I'm thinking of ordering one myself. Are any of you guys aware of what the MACH ran at FFW? Team Mustang brought two MACHs. The stick car with only drag radials ran a 12.97@106!!!!!!!!!! That's great. The auto could only muster a 13.97 @101 but that's still damn good. Now we need to see what the new Cobra will run with a good driver. Car and Driver only got the Snake to run a 12.9@111. That's PATHETIC!!! Judging by the trap speed this is a low, low 12 sec. car from the factory. Let's see what MM&FF can get out of it. All in all, let's be glad Ford now builds 12 sec. cars!!!
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:09 PM   #13
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

Well 6 months would put us at the end of the year.I was kind of prepared for the worst as far as the wait goes but after all it is a 2003.It just gives me more time to save cash so i dont have to finance the entire amount.
My main concern was getting my order in the databank under my name so i was assured to get the car.I have been following it since day one.
My reasons for wanting it are my very first car was a 1969 red mach 1,I laid my wife for the first time in the back of the fold down seat,heheh corny i know but im getting old now next year i will officially be old "40" so this will probably be my last hotrod and its fitting my last one should be the same as my first.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:27 AM   #14
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Hey Doug McGinn, just so you know... you aren't old until you hit 80. Until then, live life like you're a teenager and have a blast. You're just barely hitting middle age, man! (I read somewhere that the human body should live up to 120 years, so by that projection, you have 20 years before you're middle age!)

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 05:32 AM   #15
Doug McGinn
Registered Member

hahah