MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2002, 05:40 PM   #1
firemanmill
Registered Member

Default Lightning supercharger pulley

I am interested in some information on a new pulley for my supercharger. I want to get some more boost. I have a 01' lightning with no mods but lots to come.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:13 AM   #2
BlueOvalBolt
Registered Member

Most everyone is changing lower pullies because the upper is a stamped piece that is easy to screw up when removing. You can buy a 2 to 6 lb. lower pulley from one of the tuners below:

www.johnnylightningperf.com
www.powersurgeperformance.net
www.teamjdm.com

They all have quality stuff but I think you will find Johnny to be the most helpful.

You may want to check out www.f150online.com or www.svtperformance.com as many on these boards can give you first hand info on install and experiences.

HIH

www.wisvtoa.com
BlueOvalBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:52 AM   #3
firemanmill
Registered Member

Thanks for the great information. I see you have a lightnig also, have you changed your pulley, if so what size and hows it workin for ya?
Old 03-27-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
BlueOvalBolt
Registered Member

I can't get myself to go that route because I haven't found a mod friendly dealer here in Milwaukee and am not financially prepared to risk voiding the warranty. I haven't even had the chip I had in my 99 reburned for the 01. I know, I know I'm a wuss but I have seen too many posts on various boards about Ford voiding L drivetrain warranties because of mods. Yes, there is the Moss-Magnuson Act for protection but when Ford puts their mind to something, right or wrong, they can be a formidable adversary.

My will power is breaking down though. I am seriously thinking of putting the chip back in after my next service visit and hope for the best. Personally, if I did a pulley, I would go with a 2 or maybe a 4 lb. It appears anything more has a higher risk to benefit factor that is too high for me. I would also get one that is caged. I don't buy into the philosophy that running a crank pulley without a supporting cage has no effect on the bearings over the long term although 2 of the 3 tuners swear it isn't a problem.

Regards

www.wisvtoa.com
BlueOvalBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:02 PM   #5
walker887
Registered Member

All i have to say is I have a 5 lber and custom chip from Johnny Lightning and it screams , what a feel
walker887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
95GTS
Git jiggy

Thumbs up

You should also go to the National Lighting Owner's Club website and especially check out the GEN 2 forum on the board there. You'll get any info and help you need on that board for sure.

www.nloc.net/
Old 04-11-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
walker887
Registered Member

yes nloc.net of f150.com I'm a member at both ....do alot of reading I would sell the 99 chip and go with a new one , a diablo from JL of even a 4 way from PSp ...but figure out what you want . do alot of reading on the 01's
walker887 is offline   Reply With Quote