MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-25-2002, 09:01 AM   #1
KILLA5OH
Registered Member

Question Air/Fuel Guage

I hooked up the Air/Fuel Guage as Directed..The three wires before the oxygen Sensor i was told you use. My question is... I get no read out on the Guage and when i turn my lights on it goes off..which means i hooked up the 12v Source wrong. Which color wire to the oxygen sensor do i hook it up to?? I'm pretty lost at this point. How do you guys have yours hooked up???
www.Brooklynmustangcentral.com
88 GT,70mm Throttle Body & EGR,BBK Fenderwall Induction,Aluminum Driveshaft,T-5 Worldclass,Black Magic Fan,Underdrive Pulleys,Headers,H-Pipe,3.73 Gears,GT-40 Intake and Flowmasters,MSD Digital Ignition,190 Fuel Pump, B303 Cam, 1.6 Rockers, Crane Pushrods & Lifters, 75mm Bullet, Lakewood 50/50's, BBK Upper & Lower Control arms, BBK K Brace, Subframe Connectors, Eibach Springs, Throttle Responce enhancer, MSD Distributer, Nitroud Mastermind, 75 Nitrous, 24lb injectors.
KILLA5OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:39 AM   #2
stangsrule
Registered Member

If it is the Auto Meter red is 12vdc, black is ground and purple is the O2 signal. I hooked my signal wire up at the computers 60 pin connector. Don't know what pins they are on your car (not sure but I think 87-93 are same) on mine (92 GT) they are #29 right O2 and #43 is left O2.
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:20 AM   #3
KwikChick
Registered Member

I have my red 12V power wire for the gauge wired in the fuse panel with a fuse that is only hot when the key is on. It works fine for me.
KwikChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:25 AM   #4
KILLA5OH
Registered Member

Default Sensor

What wire did you cut into on your 02 Sensor??
88 GT,70mm Throttle Body & EGR,BBK Fenderwall Induction,Aluminum Driveshaft,T-5 Worldclass,Black Magic Fan,Underdrive Pulleys,Headers,H-Pipe,3.73 Gears,GT-40 Intake and Flowmasters,MSD Digital Ignition,190 Fuel Pump, B303 Cam, 1.6 Rockers, Crane Pushrods & Lifters, 75mm Bullet, Lakewood 50/50's, BBK Upper & Lower Control arms, BBK K Brace, Subframe Connectors, Eibach Springs, Throttle Responce enhancer, MSD Distributer, Nitroud Mastermind, 75 Nitrous, 24lb injectors.
KILLA5OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 01:39 PM   #5
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Most meters should be about the same. There should be a red wire that is 12 volt positive. I like to splice these into the stereo memory wire cuz its easy to get to and has a fuse on it. Then there is a black ground that goes to any unpainted metal surface in the car. If it is a light up gauge there should be 1 wire for that goes to the dimmer switch under your dash, and then another wire for the actual input.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #6
KwikChick
Registered Member

Default Re: Sensor

There is a purple wire under your dash at your computer harness. Auto meter has complete instructions on how to test it on their website. Hope that helps.
KwikChick is offline   Reply With Quote