View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
BlueOvalBolt
Registered Member

I can't get myself to go that route because I haven't found a mod friendly dealer here in Milwaukee and am not financially prepared to risk voiding the warranty. I haven't even had the chip I had in my 99 reburned for the 01. I know, I know I'm a wuss but I have seen too many posts on various boards about Ford voiding L drivetrain warranties because of mods. Yes, there is the Moss-Magnuson Act for protection but when Ford puts their mind to something, right or wrong, they can be a formidable adversary.

My will power is breaking down though. I am seriously thinking of putting the chip back in after my next service visit and hope for the best. Personally, if I did a pulley, I would go with a 2 or maybe a 4 lb. It appears anything more has a higher risk to benefit factor that is too high for me. I would also get one that is caged. I don't buy into the philosophy that running a crank pulley without a supporting cage has no effect on the bearings over the long term although 2 of the 3 tuners swear it isn't a problem.

Regards

www.wisvtoa.com
BlueOvalBolt is offline   Reply With Quote