MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2001, 06:03 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Angry Tranny cooler line blues

I recently put a TCI Streetfighter C4 into my 79 Pace Car. The tranny cooler lines were a bit bent up and I crossthreaded the fitting on the front cooler line when I put it in (must be the pressure side since the thing started leaking like a sieve when I started it). The threads in the tranny case are not damaged luckily since the fitting is much softer than the case.
I was thinking about just getting a fitting with a hose barb on it and slipping some rubber hose over the metal line with clamps for a quick fix. I went to my local autoparts stores and noone seems to have the right fitting.
I am running out of ideas. I thought of going to a junkyard to try to find a set of cooler lines and replace them completely, but I don't think my chances of finding an older Fox with a C4 are that great given what I have seen before hunting around the junkyards.
I know that they make universal kits with fittings and tranny cooler for not too much money, but it seems silly to get one of these when there is a cooler built into the radiator...
Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I might be able to get new lines or the right size fitting?

------------------
2000GT Atlantic Blue: Cobra R Wheels-17x9 255/40/17, 17x10.5 315/35/17, tubular K-member & control arms, Tokico 5-ways, coil overs, sway bars, 70mm FMS throttle body, Saleen nose.
79 Pace Car: Maximum Motorsports full suspension, Weld Draglites, 302 w/ Edelbrock Performer intake, cam and carb, BBK equal-lengths & H-pipe, 2 chmbr flo's, 8.8 trak-loc, TCI C4 w/ 2000 rpm stall
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote