MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-2000, 07:31 PM   #1
batm351

Question real steeda

i just wanted to here some other peoples opions on a car owned by a good friend of mine it is a 91 mustang which he refers to as a 91 steeda mustang because he has intalled every part that steeda produces for this car he says i should do the same with the next one that i build what do you all think
should it be considered a steeda?

should he be refering to it as a steeda mustang?
thanks

------------------
batm351
Old 05-10-2000, 01:10 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

I wouldn't.

I think part of being a "Steeda Mustang" is that the car is built as new, and then sold by Steeda. It doesn't make your friends car any less of a good car, its just a matter of semantics and preference.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2000, 08:14 AM   #3
Rebel79
News Editor

Just like Saleen, Steeda only sells a certain number of Mustangs per year. Putting Saleen parts on your mustang does not make it a true Saleen, and you cannot sell it stating that.

------------------
www.SN95.com & www.burn-rubber.com
1994 Mustang Cobra
308ci, ported heads, Crane 2031 cam, Vortech S-trim 11#, FMS 1 5/8 headers, BBK Offroad H-pipe, 2-chamber flows, and several other goodies.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2000, 02:41 PM   #4
91BlckGT
Registered Member

Sorry to reply to an old topic, but seeins as how this is my first post ever here, i hope you'll forgive me.

I actually talked to Fred at Steeda (they're lead sales tech), about having my car being officially converted into a Steeda Mustang. Pretty much unless they do the conversion themselves, it is NOT a steeda mustang. Even though I have most of what would have gone on a 91 Steeda, it still is NOT a steeda. So, I just call it a "Steeda" mustang, or a steeda-wannabe... Most people who aren't into mustangs have no clue what a steeda is anyways, so it doesn't matter.

So long as your friend realizes it isn't a "true" Steeda, I don't see a problem calling it that.
91BlckGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2000, 10:49 PM   #5
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Steeda is a great company, and I have bought an inordinate amount of parts from them. Besides the supercharger, seats, and differential, basically all the parts they make or distribute for my car. I say I have a Steeda suspension and other stuff, but I would never claim to have a Steeda Mustang.

[This message has been edited by 97snakedriver (edited 07-09-2000).]
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote