MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-02-2001, 08:28 AM   #1
folthoff
Registered Member

Angry Recall 01S15 Rear Knuckle replacement

I have just had my 1999 SVT Cobra recall 01S15 Replacement of rear knuckles done at the dealership where I purchased my Cobra. After picking up the vehicle I noticed that when I accelerated from 30 to 40 mph in third gear the car jerked violently to the left almost causing the vehicle to enter the left lane. I called the dealership immediately after limping home. They told me to bring the vehicle back.
After checking out the vehicle myself I noticed that the mechanic only scribed a mark on the rear arm cams for installation of new knuckles and never did an alignment on the rear wheels, the left rear tire was tilted in (Rear Camber was off). This explains why the car had this unusual jerking to the left on acceleration and also doggie tracked while driving in a straight line.
Please be aware that if the rear alignment is not done correctly after the recall it could cause you to loose control of the vehicle or cause an accident.
Frankie Olthoff

------------------
Frankie Olthoff
folthoff is offline   Reply With Quote