View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 09:36 AM   #8
mean81GT
Registered Member

I can see your point on the originality aspect. i would have to agree with you there. but imho, they are just plain ugly. different strokes for different folks, i guess. this car is receiviong a ground up restoration, it's going to take me probably two years and about $10k. i'm in the right group of friends, because one of my friends is a body guy, one is an engine builder, another is an all around kinda guy, and I am the same way. i can do a little of everything. we just finished my autobody friend's truck. built hyim an 86 f 250, extended cab long bed. we took 6 trucks, stripped all the good parts out. went from a 2wd, straight six, extended cab shortbed to a 4wd, 351 w powered extended cab longbed. big project. now we have my car, the 81GT, and one of my other friend's car, a 70 fastback. (mustang of course) we have his car down to the shell, and are starting to get rid of the piles upon piles of rust. bad car to restore, bhut we came this far...you know? anywho, thanks for all your help. i'll give updates on the cars as they happen. if i can figure out how to put pictures in the posts i would do that.