View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #9
GCMustang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 96GTS
I don't know about the V6s but the all the V8s since 96 hang in the rpm's till after you shift and let out. From what I was told it has to do with the way the computer is programmed for emissions. I wish I could remember exactly what Ford told me but that's the explaination I received. Something about the motor staying up in the revs with reduced emissions. Nothing wrong with it. Just annoying. Put in a K&N filter and it'll drop a little quicker. At least it did in my 96 GTS. Not much but a little bit quicker drop.
Although it is just hearsay, I have heard the same thing you did. The computer keeps the revs from dropping quickly so that the engine can burn off unburned fuel that remains in the port from high rev-WOT application. Supposedly it reduces emissions. I don't mind it, and haven't come across the bucking that porkster experienced. If anything, it keeps the motor from bogging between shifts. Might be a clutch adjustment in your future?

-SamP, BSME-

~1998 Mustang GT~ - Saleen Body Kit, Cobra R wheels (17x10.5 w/ 315/35 in rear and 17x8 w/ 245/45 out front), 3.27 gears, FMS C Springs. . . Waiting for income tax check to do 99PI headswap!
RateMyStang
GCMustang is offline   Reply With Quote