View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 02:43 AM   #15
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

yea guys i jus loved the look of the f-150 Hd truck an thought, Man it would be bitchin to see a mustang with that kinda hooplah! I sure didn't mean to get ito a bike debate. i've never ridden anthing..(extept a schwinn) an i wanna learn to ride, but i gotta go with what i've seen an heard. too many wannabee "ruff ryders" around here blowin by my car doin 90+ through downtown scares me. i know i'm streotypin, but my bike is going to be strictly a fair weather thing, for cruisin. i've heard too many nutty stories about some idiot on a kawasaki losin it at 100mph... my uncle lost his leg when his harley slipped on him. (jus to be fair) the import bikes are too flashy to me, an jus dosen't appeal to my style which is all about history, an tradition.(why i drive mustang, an not an eclipse). I gotta go with PKRWD in that personally jus dig the old skool look, sound, an agressive stance that v-twin choppers have. the heavy metal, chrome v-twin bike BIKES are frikin more kick *** to me. them tearin away, shakin my window an i can hear them 3/4 of a mile away, is so more frickin BAD DASS!!! than some neon cold plastic crotch rocket. its not just speed with me, i'm after art, (see west coast choppers). history an tradition. too bad the one's in my price range are all crotch rockets.

as for HD bein more about the yuppies an suits nowadays, man its them bein a prestigious name, that drives the price up. their legendary.. an american icon..like Mustang. that name, brings images of power, style, tradition,.. its a beautiful thing really.

an it seem that the ol stereotype of the "biker" dies with suits aquiring the bikes, good for publicity i suppose. all i know is that a lot of the the rice rockets around here are driven by lil punk kids, coppin atiitudes, doin dumb stunts and are one dumb move from bein road rash. a lot of the harley guys i know, are kool, chill an willing to help out new riders.( my local HD dealership particulary, which means nothing I suppose i'm jus stereotypin dangerous riders, but the majority around here who screw up from doin somthin dumb are import sportbike riders).

speed is nice, but it ain't everything IMO
comfort, style, prestigous heritage come in a close second.

maybe i'm jus stuck in the past, an hate the neon, flashy future. ..i don't know..

i swear, sometimes i think i was born 40 years too late..:

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote