View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 02:48 AM   #3
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default 500 horsepower

the smaller engine is going to have to work harder to put out the same numbers as the larger displacement engine. But that is not to say that you could not get the 302 to push 500 horsepower with a supercharger of some kind....it has been done before.

But here is my question, why 500 horsepower. that is a crap load of power....and going to be a challenge gettting it all to the pavement. Is there a particular e.t time you want to be able to run, ir do you just want the engine that has an awesome dyno sheet?

With running an engine harder, you are going to have to make sure your cooling system is very good, need some great brakes to stop all that, and a good transmission and rearend to harness it all.

With a 67 you have the option of a big block. Don't get me wrong, I love building small blocks..which is all I have ever ran except for my truck (building it a 460). But if you are looking for power.....and a lot of it while not having to really build the engine......slap the big block in there, like a 460. Remember all that horsepower costs some money....but dollar for dollar, the big block is what you want if you want the big numbers and have the clearance unlike me.

Good luck with the engine that you pick...and keep me posted....would love to see what you build and how it works out for you.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote