View Single Post
Old 03-05-2001, 09:54 PM   #10
chris91LX
Registered Member

Exclamation

The BBK kit is a piece of S...!! I ordered it and it didn't fit right. For $160 I expected it to at least fit, but the angles were all a little off and the whole thing felt like it would pop off the second I opened up the throttle. I sent it back to Summit and bought the Mac kit from GTR for $30 less and it fit very well. I didn't notice a huge increase in hp or anything but it sure looks cool. The Mac kit also doesn't have a big plaque on it advertising their name like the BBK one does. I haven't had any problems with it, but my pony has been in storage for the winter. I took it out for the first time on Saturday and it rocked! My $.02 is to stay away from the BBK if your gonna go for it. It's mostly for looks as far as I'm concerned, I'm not expecting a huge hp increase.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, 3:73 gear, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, Crane HI-6S Ignition, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms, Mac cold air kit and more to come!
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote