View Single Post
Old 03-02-2001, 06:57 PM   #1
gt93mustang
Registered Member

Post Is the true about Edelbrock heads with TFS intake?

I was talking to my buddy today on the phone and he said that he recently read something about how the TFS lower intake doesn't match up to Edelbrock 6037 heads very well. He said that in the information he read, they started out with the TFS Street heat on a set of 6037 heads and ran it on a dyno. Then they switched to an Edelbrock series intake (he couldn't remember whether it was the RPM or Performer)and picked up something like 40 HP. He said it was because the ports don't line up very well from the TFS lower to the ports on the Edelbrock heads. Now I know that TFS would make their intake match much better to their heads to help promote the sales of their product, but when I switch to the Street Heat next week, am I looking at losing power because of this? If this is true, is there any way I can port match the intake to the heads? What are the techniques you guys use to go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

------------------
MAC equal length headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmaster mufflers, 373's, March ram-air kit, underdrive pulleys, 73mm MAF, 75mm TB, Saleen Intake (ported), Edelbrock 6037 heads (ported, polished, 3 angle valve-job 255CFM @.500), 1.6 FMS RR's, Wolverine 1087 Cam, 24lb injectors, MSD 6AL, Subframe connectors, Griggs Adustable Lower Control Arms, Lakewood 50/50 shocks, SSM Upper Control Arms... and probably some more in there I forgot
gt93mustang is offline   Reply With Quote