View Single Post
Old 06-28-2001, 08:39 AM   #9
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

"A Z28 beats a Cobra by a Kentucky Mile" ??? huh? Ok, there Johnny, take another hit on the bong.

The breaking of transmissions and other drivetrain components is new to me???

A stock Z28 does not run 12.8's @ 108 - let's just leave it at that. (ok, the one sent to them from GM did - the other 99.9% of them don't)

The z28/SS has 61 more cubes. The cobra has 2 more valves per cylinder. blah, blah, blah We could go on and on comparing these two cars. People will purchase what they want. And it is pretty obvious that the Blue Oval camp has been winning this battle for YEARS. Why? Well, I have my own opinions, but over the long-haul, the consumer will gravitate toward the better quality vehicle - which has been proven with the mother of all indicators: SALES!

Look, the Z28/SS is a very powerful car. I do not dispute that one bit. Secondly, Ford's 4.6 modulars are high revving engines that are, in my opinion, under sized. A 5.4L modular or even a 5.0L mod would make for a venemous Cobra.

Something that our traitor didn't mention was the mod game. A Cobra is GROSSLY undergeared from the factory. A set of 4.10's, k&n, free flowing exhaust and drag radials spells 12 second time slips. Now I understand that this goes both ways, but in all actuality are these two cars that far apart in performance?

Not as much as Hunkins thinks so...
E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote