View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 08:54 AM   #18
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 0h n0 5.0
i've never ridden anthing..(extept a schwinn) an i wanna learn to ride, but i gotta go with what i've seen an heard. too many wannabee "ruff ryders" around here blowin by my car doin 90+ through downtown scares me.

them tearin away, shakin my window an i can hear them 3/4 of a mile away, is so more frickin BAD DASS!!! than some neon cold plastic crotch rocket. its not just speed with me, i'm after art, (see west coast choppers). history an tradition. too bad the one's in my price range are all crotch rockets.

maybe i'm jus stuck in the past, an hate the neon, flashy future. ..i don't know..

i swear, sometimes i think i was born 40 years too late..:
Until you've ridden, don't make a decision so hastily...and yes, you're MAJORLY stereotyping with that "ruff ryda" junk.

Truthfully, I hate 90% of the sportbikers around here (resort area). These dorks ride with wifebeaters and shorts to the shore, park the bike, and then stand next to it to get *** from retarded beach chicks...but for every sportbiker I see NOT wearing gear, I see 2 cruiser guys, Harley AND Jap cruisers. Sure, they are at less "risk" because the speeds and acceleration are lower, but let's get real: HUMAN FLESH vs pavement at 65 mph is the SAME...you ever fall off that Schwinn? You can scrape your knees bloody falling off a BICYCLE...imagine a scoot at highway speeds...

Mmkay...a deafingly loud, bright Kandy colored WCC is NOT neon and flashy, but a blue Kawasaki with absolutely no chrome or decals is? I really think you need to look more into both types of bikes before you make your assumptions. I may argue with Chris over silly stuff, but he has at least ridden both bikes, undoubtably been around thousands more...and so bases his choices/opinions off of that. Same idea as your art comment. ART...is anything YOU want to make it. A piece of plastic hunk can be as pretty, or as ugly as a hunk of metal: all depends what you can do with it, and what you think is attractive.

As for age, sportbikes aren't THAT new...they've been around for a decent while, and older isn't necessarily better...look at Joan Rivers
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote