MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-30-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Exclamation *gasp* Cobra production halted!

http://www.mustangworks.com/autonews...6034073,15142,

I wonder what the problem is?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 12:21 AM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

too many ricers & z-06 vettes stuck in the exhuast system, bwaHAHAHAH.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 12:51 AM   #3
Janeofalltrades

Default Lame

Lame excuse to control costs. Can't pull the big buck they need . They have lost a couple product lines since "Bill" did his restructuring. IMO the 1999 is a solid car. Not your average Joe Mustang. The big deal over the .6 deficiency in 0-60 times and the HP difference IMO is not an issue. Who is buying one of these SVTs from the dealer room floor and then on Saturday hooking this thing up at the track?

False advertising, yep! That, you can get in trouble for. And, they did by having to issue the recall and remodify to spec. But all the ho hum over a recall for a bunch of performance upgrades to increase your 0-60 time huh? The COUPLE people I have talked to that own these SVT cars barely have the right to own them. They pay for them and then treat them lke a Geo Metro. DRIVE that thing already. The 68 MPH vibe. Shoot, I get that in my damb V-6. What are they going to stop producing their base model V-6 now too?

Lame Executive Marketing Gu-rus....They suck!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Lame

Quote:
Originally posted by Janeofalltrades
Lame excuse to control costs. Can't pull the big buck they need . They have lost a couple product lines since "Bill" did his restructuring. IMO the 1999 is a solid car. Not your average Joe Mustang. The big deal over the .6 deficiency in 0-60 times and the HP difference IMO is not an issue. Who is buying one of these SVTs from the dealer room floor and then on Saturday hooking this thing up at the track?

False advertising, yep! That, you can get in trouble for. And, they did by having to issue the recall and remodify to spec. But all the ho hum over a recall for a bunch of performance upgrades to increase your 0-60 time huh? The COUPLE people I have talked to that own these SVT cars barely have the right to own them. They pay for them and then treat them lke a Geo Metro. DRIVE that thing already. The 68 MPH vibe. Shoot, I get that in my damb V-6. What are they going to stop producing their base model V-6 now too?

Lame Executive Marketing Gu-rus....They suck!
Jane,
I don't know who you know that own Cobra's but everyone down here runs 'em hard. See 46stang for a prime example of what I'm talking about. And the 0-60 stuff? When you hang your hat on a bhp number and a time slip, you better be darn sure the thing will dyno and hustle down the 1320 like you say it will.

So they delay a couple of Snakes. Yeah, that will make people mad. I'm not sure that there are any pre-orders still awaiting delivery, as I saw two unsold ones at a dealer here last week.

Personally, I'm waiting for Ford to spary bore the block, and Clay smith to work out a cam. So FoMoCo sitting on some cars doesn't bother me much.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:18 AM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Gee makes me glad I didn't buy one...
I don't believe it's no big problems, whatever Ford is having trouble with they'll solve. They said they'll have them all made so I believe them. When your dealing with that much hp and track times it's hard to get it like that everytime. I've only seen one new Cobra and it was at a show and I didn't even get to talk to the guy so I'm not sure how he drove it. But I know where Jane is coming from. The average gearend won't be able to afford something like that, but the guy who likes cars and has alot of money will buy it and probably won't appreciate it as much as a "true" mustang guy would. I'm not saying this is in everycase. But I mean I'm sure the guy with the money won't take it to the track, won't do his own oil changes, and love to play with the car like a gearhead would.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 02:10 PM   #6
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Blue Oval News is the National Enquirer of the Automotive Journalism world!

The guys at camaroz28.com, ls1.com, suprafourums.com, etc, were all over this yesterday bashing Ford and the Cobra when nobody knows any facts yet.

Let's wait until we see IF there is even a problem and IF there is, how serious it is. All this Ford bashing people love to do royally pisses me off !
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 02:13 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Thumbs down Callin bs.

Sam,
I'm going to take up for the Cobra owners here. That is a lot of money for a Mustang, and I don't know how many people will buy them for a reason other than its a darn fast mustang. Really, what clout do you have at the country club showing up in that car? None. It's not even a vette or viper. Those are the 'I have money' cars.

The Mustang has always been a blue collar car. Why do you think it was built on the Falcon platform with four seats? Mine is my daily, and I know few people who have the luxury of having a SN or newer just sitting in the garage. I do know plenty of people who have c5's as such.

Just because the majority of us are poor and cannot afford one, nor do we have the luxury of NOT working on the cars ourself, does not make the people who can afford them not 'true' Mustang enthusiasts. You think the guys buying Boss 429's got this much crap from people who could only swing a 302 sportsroof?

I doubt it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote