MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-17-2001, 11:03 PM   #1
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Unhappy Fallen Member of the SVT Family...on Sept. 11 (long)

I was saddened after reading the newsletter from the SVT Cobra Owners Association, of which I am member.

It read, "I regret to inform the membership that club member Robert Penniger of Poway, California, was a passenger on the American Airlines flight 77 that hit the Pentagon...Perhaps you've seen Bob's green 1999 SVT Cobra in the Saleen show held this last month. His loss is being felt over the entire Southern California region and will take some time to recover from. If you believe in a God above, take a moment to remember Bob and the thousands of other victims of this tragedy. Do what you can to support our government's efforts to combat this problem and treasure every moment you have with family, friends, and loved ones. Rest in Peace Bob..."

(Sigh)

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 11:57 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thats horrible. Well He's probably up in heaven enjoying his Mustangs.

Let the bombs drop, and continue to do so.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 12:47 AM   #3
347MOM
Registered Member

OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY!!!

------------------
347's '91 BLOWN AND STROKED DARK GREEN CONV. MUSTANG

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 05:58 AM   #4
PKRWUD

There were alot of really good people that got taken out that day. I'm really sorry that it had to get so personal for you. A good friend of a good friend of mine died in tower 2, but I didn't really know him. It's alot harder when you can put a face on it.

I'm sorry for ya.

~Chris

PS- Hows your overheating problem going?

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 08:56 AM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Unhappy

alot of good people died that day , but prayer's out to bob's family , & every family that suffered that day, hopefully we can rid the world of brainwashed idiot's like bin laden etc.

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 11:55 PM   #6
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

First, thanks for the heartfelt replies. As I write this, I am stopping occasionally to gather my thoughts and sometimes clench my fist. We are responding to the attacks on Sept. 11, and we will prevail.

In the words of our good leader, the terrorists will be brought to justice, or justice will be brought to them.

Chris - the overheating problem still exists...honestly, I don't think I've driven the LX since my last post regarding that issue. I can't fix the problem just yet, since I suspect a minor rupture in a head gasket. I just received my Edelbrock heads from the machine shop - the heads received a performance valve job. I plan to install them in the coming month. That will ensure a fresh head gasket seal. I'll run the car then and see what happens. That will give me a baseline.

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 01:28 PM   #7
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I am so sorry to here that, and my prayers go out to ALL the victim's family's and friends. I could only imagine what how they feel right now. Life is hard sometimes.
;*o(

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.

-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
13.4's bone stock.

-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote