MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
cyclical
Registered Member

Default Nitrous... Fake Horsepower?

there are these guys that live up the street from me, and don't like me, one of them yelled at me today when I passed by. I hit the brakes and backed up and asked them what they said. He told me "nos is fake horsepwer", get a supercharger and I might not give you so much ****. I tried to not laugh to much at their ignorant claim... first of all the stuff is NITROUS not NOS, and how could you call a power adder fake horsepower. He stated that because you hit a button to go faster it is fake. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't top fuel funny cars run of nitrous? or alcohol? I would like to see these non stang drivers tell that to one of them. DAMN that just makes me mad...

Any thoughts? opinions?
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
K&N Filtercharger Kit
Bassani X-Pipe
2 Chamber Flowmasters
Ohhh and did I mention 100 shot of Nitrous Express?
GENX-2 NX Upgrade
cyclical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:17 PM   #2
Mattk1128
Registered Member

If you really want to shut them up, race em'. Then after you beat their asses, ask them if they still think it's fake since you beat them for real! Another thing you could do is save up 4 grand and get a new paxton supercharger and combine the two. That would be unbelievable though.
-Good Luck
Mattk1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:19 PM   #3
cyclical
Registered Member

yeah it would... I'll wait until I get forged internals, new cams and heads before I do that though..

Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
K&N Filtercharger Kit
Bassani X-Pipe
2 Chamber Flowmasters
Ohhh and did I mention 100 shot of Nitrous Express?
GENX-2 NX Upgrade
cyclical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 04:58 PM   #4
95GTS
Git jiggy

Hmm...it's called ignorance. People like that have no clue what they are talking about and how nitrous oxide works. It does the EXACT same thing as a supercharger. It adds extra oxygen to the combustion chamber so the motor can burn more fuel which equals more power. Nitrous oxide is just in a liquid form instead of drawing it out of the outside air and compressing it into the engine like a supercharger or turbocharger does. Basically the oxygen is already compressed in form of N20 (more compressed than the supercharger/turbo air). Jealousy is number 2 reason they think that. Because they aren't as fast as you are. Guess you can tell the guy I saw run high 8s at the track the other night a "loser" because he was using nitrous oxide. Personally I think that's pretty dang quick. Call those guys out and race them and show them what your "fake hp" can do .
Old 04-15-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
DrunkFireman
Registered Member

Default nope

Nitrous oxide decomposes into oxygen and nitrogen when under the high pressure in the cylinder. The extra oxygen helps burn more fuel and to increase cylinder pressure. nitrous = way more hp and torque. Some people may feel that this is a cheap way of getting alot of power, but in the end it comes down to whoopin other cars. I personally think its a great mod to have and don't think its cheap or fake in any way.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
steedamustang01
Registered Member

JUST WONDERING... WHAT DO THESE KIDS DOWN THE STREET DRIVE? I AGREE THAT NOS IS GREAT.. BUT EVEN THOUGH IT IS GREAT I LOVE THE SAYING... " BABIES NEED BOTTLES, REAL MEN GET BLOWN"
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

It's not fake at all...
A good way to improve performance for for a (somewhat) low price.

Down side is that you have to keep refilling that bottle.... a blower is ALWAYS there...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote