MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-01-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
Faded
Registered Member

Default PLease Help: Retrieving Fault Codes

I know this is in the wrong forum, I posted in the Small Ponies forum but it doesn't look like there is much traffic, so I was hoping someone here would please help a newbie out;

I have a check engine light on my '94 convertible V6. My question is how do I pull the codes? I found a 16 pin connector behind the center console on the drivers side (it only has 6 pins in it). I'm assuming this is where you terminate to pull the codes, but I'm unsure which pins need to be jumpered (if these are the right ones). Someone please advise?! Any help is apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
Faded
Registered Member

Anyone have any idea?
Old 07-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #3
going broke
Registered Member

I have a scanner but I thing you can go to about any parts store and buy a cheep code reader for your application and they will do what you are wanting.
going broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #4
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Auto Zone and other parts stores will pull your codes for free.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #5
Faded
Registered Member

I did go to Autozone. The told me the same thing that is in the articles on this site (find the single pin connector and jump it to the 6 pin connector, ect). The guy at Autozone and I couldn't find these connectors. The only one I found is under the dash, 16 pin OBDII style connector. He said that his code reader would only read '96 and up (OBDII) cars. We even went in and referenced there code book that covers most cars, and it outlined the same 1 pin to 6 pin method. I didn't say anything about what years that works for or anything. We sat there for 1/2 an hour studying the book and looking at the car. By then it was 10 min. past their closing time and he was just trying to politely tell me to get lost saying it must be an ox. sensor, or TPS, or this or that...

I don't know much about Mustangs, so I was hoping someone would help me out?! Isn't there a way to jump the connector to get the check engine light to flash the codes on a '94? I am finding limited information on this production year. I don't mean to come across as a jerk, but I'm just getting frustrated with this thing. Any help is appreciated, and thank you for your suggestions. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Old 07-06-2003, 11:42 AM   #6
going broke
Registered Member

If this car is a 94 it should not be obd 2 yet the conector is under the hood If you give me your serial # I will run it through my scanner and tell you ware the conector is located If you like It won't help withe the code but will tell you ware the conector is
going broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:15 AM   #7
Faded
Registered Member

Thank you. I'll get back to you later this week.

Thanks again.