MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-18-2003, 10:13 AM   #1
dbsmith5
Registered Member

Default Window Motor Relay Help?!?

I just replaced the right rear window motor on my 88 LX. The motor is not receiving power. All the other window motors are receiving power. The switch does not even click leading me to believe there is a bad relay somewhere. Two Questions: Is there a relay. Two, where is it. Any help would be appreciated.
DB Smith
dbsmith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #2
FritzDaKat
Registered Member

Honestly I have to say, troubleshooting wiring and other electrical faults with your ear's will usualy just leave you scratching your head. Check into grabbing a cheap $20 DMM from Auto Zone or wherever, it's not my personal choice for a brand of meter but it should suffice if you dont do alot of electrical work. being able to "See" where the voltage is being dropped and where the current stops flowing will simplify and speed up your troubleshooting.
just be very sure that when measuring current, the ammeter can handle the current you expect to see, ad always check the line for resistance first, just to be sure your not creating a straight path from Vcc to ground or you'll most likely be standing there with $20 worth of smoking plastic and PCB.

And if your unsure of how to go about doing a particular test, the chiltons manuals describe the basic methods and principals behind what you should be looking for and how.
FritzDaKat is offline   Reply With Quote