MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #21
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: Anyone Know How To Get 96 Mystic Paint?

Yeah but its not a law that the car's original paint code has to match..enough money and they'll paint your car any color you want. Somebody took their rebuilt 03 Cobra and had Lamborghini techs paint it the original 2005 Murcielago orange..Macco obviously botched my metallic medium grey paint job but luckily then came the collision, and the expensive professional body work, of which the other idiot's insurance paid for in full...and they graciously decided when putting the car back together to re-clearcoat the entire car..I think I might have the only Macco paint job that still looks good and will last a long time..Back to the point though, I asked the body shop what kinds of paint they get and they can get any paint for any car that PPG is still producing, a complete overhall: about $9,000. Believe me, all the money I spent in OEM SVT Cobra parts for this GT I looked well and hard into paint jobs..By the way incase you're touching up a beat-up 87 Excort for a big $200 sale....DONT GO NEAR MACCO!!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #22
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Yeah you are right the car's original paint code does not have to match, but then what the hell is the point of having a mystic???? Just have a regular cobra. I have seen a couple of mystics that had to have fenders replaced and they got there car painted by a shop that said they could match the paint. Well the fenders do not match the rest of the car. Looks like hell. Ford has to do it and every mystic is different no two are the same. You can't just use any mystic paint it has to be the same batch of paint used on your car or it will not match.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #23
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Thats also true...And its like a bad tattoo..live with it or cut your limbs off. In fact I still have clearcoat black rocker molding on my 2001 GT. The rest of the car is fitted completely with OEM 2003 SVT Cobra 10th ann. parts and a beautiful metallic medium grey clearcoat, but the car will HAVE to go over to the bodyshop that fixed it after the accident, they were the last ones to match the paint. I went to Ford to see if they could give me enough touch-up paint to cover the rocker molding..but they told me they'd have to match the color and custom mix a certain amount of paint. The upside is the new Mustangs, they have black rocker molding on the 07 Cobras', so my car actually gets a lot of compliments on the color scheme..but I still wanna have it painted. Body work sucks, that little job alone will cost me a few hundred dollars.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: