MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
slkcobra95
Registered Member

Default supercharging a 95 svt

i have alot of mods done already to my cobra like :
306 displacement
[*]afr 165 cc heads[*]trick flow track heat upper and lower intake[*]cams[*]forged pistons[*]373 gears
30lb injectors

and now i want to supercharge my vehicle but i was wondering if i had done all the right mods as far as working well with a supercharger. So the main thing i wanted to know is if i have to go with bigger injectors because iam in the process of ordering a MAF sensor to work with the 30lb injectors and i don't want to have to order another sensor to work with bigger injectors and have bought the sensor for nothin. So if anyone can help with my problem it would be greatly appreciated and if you have any other tech that you can shoot my way so that my svt can run smooth and venomous.

Thanks,
Slkcobra95
slkcobra95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: supercharging a 95 svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slkcobra95 View Post
i have alot of mods done already to my cobra like :
306 displacement
[*]afr 165 cc heads[*]trick flow track heat upper and lower intake[*]cams[*]forged pistons[*]373 gears
30lb injectors

and now i want to supercharge my vehicle but i was wondering if i had done all the right mods as far as working well with a supercharger. So the main thing i wanted to know is if i have to go with bigger injectors because iam in the process of ordering a MAF sensor to work with the 30lb injectors and i don't want to have to order another sensor to work with bigger injectors and have bought the sensor for nothin. So if anyone can help with my problem it would be greatly appreciated and if you have any other tech that you can shoot my way so that my svt can run smooth and venomous.

Thanks,
Slkcobra95
If you are going with an entry level blower your 30's will be fine. If you are looking to push the limits of the stock block I would go with 42#ers
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
collinjay71
NOS Pony

how much boost do you plan to run? If you are going big you might want to swap out your cam for a blower grind.
collinjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
slkcobra95
Registered Member

I plan on runnin anywhere from 8-11 pound of boost but is that enough for my set or can i run a little more. Recently i just installed a new MAF as well as a bigger fuel pump and regulator. Is there anything else i can add to gain more? I have AFR 165 heads but i was thinking about going bigger would that be a good choice as well as a bigger cam?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
collinjay71
NOS Pony

your cam is probably good for that amount of boost and it will work fine for more boost but, a blower grind will make more power. AFR 185 heads might be a better choice on your combination. If you switch the heads for 185s i would change the cam for sure. Go with an intercooled kit for sure if you wanna run any kind of serious boost. What kind of supercharger are you getting? Centrifugal or Roots style? Have you ever thought about a turbo?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
slkcobra95
Registered Member

I'm really not sure what kind of type of supercharger yet plus since paxton came out with that SL version to where it does not need to be hooked up to the oil and other things since it's self lubricated. As far as turbos go i have thought about it but i was more worried about my set up i was'nt sure if it was right for turbos. What do you think would be better a supercharger or a twin turbo kit? because if i'am going to go turbo it would be twin and do you recomend i would have to change in order to go with turbos?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
collinjay71
NOS Pony

the paxton is a good blower and would probably be a lot easier to install. turbos are a little more involved but they do make more power and they're also more expensive typically because of all the extra parts. They will usually come with headers and everything necessary if you buy a kit. As far as anything else you should be ok. You can get optional stuff like boost controllers if you want to be able to change how much boost you run. Kind of a neat feature, no changing pulleys. Again a cam change would make power but isnt necessary. I dont know of anyone who makes a kit for 94-95 cars but im sure someone does.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
yellow95gt
i love boost

if your looking for a good turbo kit look up 94-95 Mustang Turbo Kit there expensive but from what i hear they make a really good kit i was thinking about getting them i just didnt have the money so i got a sc
yellow95gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: