MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Special Production
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2002, 04:35 PM   #1
gtsr515
Registered Member

Default Why a Bullitt?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bullitt, other than a collectors car, why would i want to buy one, can't a GT be modified the same for less?
Old 04-25-2002, 09:07 AM   #2
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post resale value

i asked the same question about a saleen and was informed of the fact that the limited edition saleen bullit roush stangs hold their resale value for much longer. for me, cobra was the way to go. you know? i mean, i dont wanna sell my car. worst case scenario. if i get a newer car than the 98 i will just turn it into a strip car, that is barely street legal. you know? just my .02. hope it helps
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 06:48 PM   #3
elliotness
Registered Member

Default Investment?

I really don't buy cars as investments. I guess I just don't have the money to do that.

I would not buy a Bullitt. I don't care for them. I really don't think that they are that much quicker than the stock GT's.

But hell what do I know.

Elliot
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
Tinseltown349
Registered Member

well, with the bullitt, you get the nicer interior, the uglier rims and no rear spoiler...sweet! wait, no...not sweet. that sucks. plus performance you get what? a new intake, a better TB i wanna say, some red-"painted" front calipers, a different cat-back, and i think a very slightly modified suspension. well, that's all fine and dandy, but numbers! wait, 5 hp more? pish...i'll stick with my gt...only thing i want out of the bullitt is the sweet interior (for a mustang anyhow, these aren't italian exotics) and the intake for an extra 30hp more with my supercharger.
Mods to 2000 Mustang GT- Vortech SQ supercharger, 3.73 gears, full Maximum Motorsports suspension treatment, 13" Brembo front brakes, 70mm TB, BBK Long-tube headers and H-pipe, Bassani Cat-back exhaust system, Trans-Go shift-kit and trans cooler.
Tinseltown349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 08:23 PM   #5
elliotness
Registered Member

I think the GT looks better anyway. I don't like the Bullit at all. I do like the Mach 1. That is smooth looking ride.

Elliot
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote