MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
PFCT-05
Registered Member

Default 05 V6 help

i got a 2005 V6 and i know i want to add some power to it but im not quite sure what i want to do. im just trying to see if anyones got some suggestions on what would be good. thanks.
PFCT-05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Jenns05Stang
Registered Member

Default Re: 05 V6 help

Hi there...

You are in the same position I am in; you are kind of waiting for the Mfgs. at the moment. The V-6 market is usually behind the "big boys".... However, since Steeda and Ford have been "bedding down" together they have items available...

Check 'em out online www.Steeda.com. I would recommend an axle back exhaust for now - I am going to go with Magnaflow this time instead of a Flowmaster due to the positioning of the muffler and the visability. Steeda (not K&N at the moment ) have a drop in air filter to allow a little better breathing. As you increase power and TQ you will want to start stiffiining up the chassis, tie the struts and increase quality of control arms, Eibach has spring for the 05 V-6 available. I used some on my 98 V-6 and they were great springs! New MAF and throttle bodies will be out soon. Word of caution is increases in air flow with cold air kits will probably require the computer to be re-flashed... Diablosport, Superchips & Vortech will take a few months to get new specs and software developed for their hand-helds or laptop software en mass production....Unfortunately, increases in Air/Gas mixtures with the modulated engines requires computer resets. Before you start adding boost with Turbos or Superchargers, you would want to start methodically reengineering the engine with upgraded intake manifold/exhaust manifolds-headers/increased LB EF Injectors, fuel pump and of course computer chip and custom tune... (for a V-6...) yeah...It can be done....

Go a little slow...and enjoy yourself..... I am right there with you..... So much to do and so little time and parts avaiable as of now... LOL

Have a nice evening.... Also, if you aren't too into it already.. You may want to pick up Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magazine..there are few others...that are good, but MM&FF is pretty complete...Although they are more geared to the 4.6 and 5.0 crowd, you can get great technical information and good distributor info and call or check on-line for parts...

Jennifer
Jenns05Stang is offline   Reply With Quote