View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default The plot thickens...

Sorry for the late update but working 13 hour days doesn't leave much time for the Stang.

I was fiddling around tonight when my dad stopped over to see how things were going. He never heard the Novi at idle so I told him I'd fire it up. Before I did, I warned him that the car would probably die in 30-45 seconds like it always had. I started the car and as it idled, we chit-chatted. A few minutes went by and the darn thing was still idling! And it was smooth too! We kept talking and at one point, I got in and revved it up a few times. When the rpm's came back down, the thing idled just like it had been. It was strange. After about 8 minutes, I shut the car off and we went to dinner.

Now the only thing that was different was my fuel pressure gauge. When I installed it, I never put a fuse between the lead wire and the battery, I just had the lead wire directly connected to the solenoid. I had removed the lead wire from the solenoid so it wouldn't be draining my battery day after day. Could my idle problems be related to this? I think they have to be because it's the only thing that I had changed. I never got a chance to mess with the IAC. I just unhooked the FP gauge's wire. I knew what my fuel pressure was because I never changed it from teh last time. FP was 38 psi and timing 11*.

So here it is in a nutshell:

Fuel pressure gauge connected = bad idle. Car dies after 30-45 seconds.
Fuel pressure gauge dis -connected = great idle. Car idled very very smoothly for 8-9 minutes.

I'll be taking it for a test drive on Sunday to see what the driveability is like. What do ya guys think? Think she finally got tired of fighting with me and decided to run correctly?

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote