View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

If you have the necessary $3000 or so for a Dart block with machining, plus the rotating assembly on top of that, it's a great idea. Not only will you never be able to kill it around 500 rwhp, you can expand quite a lot in the future. Around the 400 mark you're still talking safe territory on a stock block. I'd be inclined to keep your car blown and select pistons to match, if the S trim hasn't died yet you'll probably still get a lot more life out of it (invincible Vortechs ). I decided to go 331 because I put a LOT of street miles on it, and IF there is any improvement in longetivity (nobody has really provided solid EVIDENCE...just speculation), then I'm better off. If anything, the reduced side loading on the pistons/rings is most definitely an advantage of a shorter stroke when you're considering wear and tear. With even a 331 I would consider a bigger cam and intake, I'm wishing I'd gone with the stage 2 cam at this point (although it's a torque monster which would be nice on a road course).

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote