MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #1
jmjett01
Registered Member

Default 99-03 Gt/cobra Ignition Solutions Plasma Booster

MODULAR FANS....

I HAVE INSTALLED THE IGNITION SOLUTIONS 4X PLASMA BOOSTER TO MY 01 GT ALONG WITH THE 1/2 PHENOLIC SPACER.
THIS COMBINATION WORKED GREAT FOR THROTTLE RESPONSE AND FUEL ECONOMY. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CLEAR NOTE THAT WHEN SPRAYING A 100HP FROM MY NX KIT THIS PAST WEEKEND, THESE TWO MINOR MODIFICATION MADE A VERY NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE IN THE AIR/FUEL/NITROUS CONSUMPTION IN MY VEHICLE. I FELT MORE OF A PUNCH.

I SPOKE WITH THE INSTALLERS AT IGNTION SOLUTIONS AND ROBERT (TECH) AT DALLAS MUSTANG, WHO OWNS SEVERAL COBRAS, AND IN THERE PROFESSIONAL OPINION THEY STATED "THE IGNITION SOLUTIONS SETUP WAS PROVEN ON SEVERAL DYNOS TO BE MORE BENEFICIARY TO MODULAR MUSTANGS THAN THE MSD STACKER 8."

WHAT IS A GOOD FACTOR IN THIS SYSTEM IS THAT IT HAS AN ACTUAL MONITOR WITH EIGHT LIGHTS TO REPRESENT EACH COIL PACK THAT IT IS PIGGY BACKED ON...IF FOR ANY REASON THERE IS A FAULTY CONNECTION OR SOMETHING IS WRONG IT WILL NOTIFY YOU WITH A RED LIGHT AND IDENTIFY WHICH COIL PACK IS NOT GETTING THE PROPER POWER.

I AM SATISFIED AND FOR MORE INFO LOOK UP IGNITIONSOLUTIONS.COM OR CALL 1-800-MUSTANG.
THEY CARRY AN ASPIRATED AND NONASPIRATED APPLICATION FOR 239.00 APOSED TO (489.00*MSD STACKER 8)

THE PHENOLIC SPACER IS GOING FOR 23.00 BUCKS ON EBAY.

TAKE IT EASY FANS....

NOTE: LOOK UP SPEC STAGE III CLUTCH IN THIS MONTHS 5.0 MAGAZINE AND INFORM YOURSELF.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

How about a before and after E.T.? Have you gone to the track or the dyno to see what the changes are really worth. It would be good info to have. I have seen improvements in perf. with the intake spacer just by itself.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #3
jmjett01
Registered Member

Default I.S. GT/COBRA

TECHNICK...

I ATTACHED SOME PICS AND EMAILED THEM TO YOUR PERSONAL HOTMAIL ACCOUNT. E.T.'S ARE NOT YET ESTABLISHED, I AM STILL IN THE TRIAL AND ERROR PHASE OF SPRAYING 75-150 HP TO FIND OUT WHERE AND IF THE "PLASMA BOOSTER" STANDS AND IF IT IS THE ANSWER TO MODULAR IGNITIONS.

YES THE INTAKE SPACER IS THE MORE ECONOMIC IN PRICE OF THE TWO ("WORTH IT") FOR HP BUT I STAND NEXT TO THE THOUGHT OF THE COMBINATION AS BEING VERY HELPFUL FOR THE NOS/BLOWN MUSTANGS OUT THERE SEEKING MORE EFFIECIENT AIR FUEL CONSUMPTION.

I SEE THAT AFTER 30 + HITS ON READING ABOUT THE THREAD I POSTED, THE AVERAGE STANG HOLDER WASN'T INTERESTED, OR ARE FIXED ON PARTS THAT ARE SHINY AND COOL. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS PRODUCT OR MUSHLESS THE MSD STACKER 8?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT POST ON THE COBRA R SWAP?
ANYHOW, TAKE IT EASY PITTS.

JETT
Old 04-04-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hi JM,
Is there any reason you're using all caps?
Also, Please shorten your sig... it's just too easy to make a user's ride these days....

Also, I didn't know Robert owned several Cobras.
DM must be paying him too much....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
jmjett01
Registered Member

Default HAMMER

HEY BUDDY,
DO THE CAPS INTIMIDATE YOU? IS IT CONSIDERED YELLING....I'LL BE MORE "SENSITIVE" TO YOUR NEEDS AND SPEAK to you softer (almost like counselor to student)....can you hear me? Is this okay, I tend to have a command voice and sometimes a very authoritative presence? Maybe it is reflective, or your sadly mistaken by your part. The humor in what you could define as my next explanations is almost entertaining to our fans and myself that I feel that the amount (little) of energy that I'm spending with you is accumulating no value. Your premise and your content in our conversating, what so ever, was taken in behalf of your intellectual advancement; hince, it has hindered my ability(vast) to excell from this forum and site and prevented Modular owners from striking gold in tips. Nevertheless, I will carry on with you until you realize, or I get bored of your logic, how ever informative/helpful your statement(s) was/were may or may not be for Modular Mustang point seekers out there. How is your grape, I bet it hurts already....take some time and come back in about 5 mikes or until you found your hukt on fonx. I feel I was trying to help in bringing this bit of information I stumbled upon Mr. Evil. Oh by the way the DM names were incorrect, Robert doesn't even own a Cobra....hummm.... but he is a tech.....hummm It was the other representative that called me to provide specification on there turbo applications. I retract that from the previous message I posted. Are we as clear as your stink? Thanks. I really hope you can decipher what I'm spelling to you with my index finger pointing/pushing in a downward manner onto your forehead. I don't have the luxury to sit here all day and play twister with you...I come to the sincere conclusion that you wash cars for Ford or have too much time to play with your meat and potatoes on the internet. Did you find the response you were seeking? I hope this did quench that infeeble thirst you fathum. You can expect no reaction what so ever on your next reply, I have that quality of discipline...I think you'd have an easier time finding those sharks with freekin laser beams attached to there heads....good luck my friend....and may God help your soul.

Oh yeah, I don't mind if someone makes out my vehicle, I'm far more advanced than your average or basic rifle man....I wouldnt imagine you could even call windage......Did you murmur kentucky.

Jett
Old 04-04-2003, 06:12 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Did someone miss the smiley face in my response?

I honestly didn't know if Robert owned 1,2,3 or zero Cobras... nor do I care. I just thought it was quite cool considering what those poor sales guys get paid over there.

As far as the requests I made about the sig and the caps...

Those are normal requests I would make of any user in this forum. If you don't like the way I moderate it, don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

By the way, Thanks for the info...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by jmjett01
HEY BUDDY,
DO THE CAPS INTIMIDATE YOU? IS IT CONSIDERED YELLING....I'LL BE MORE "SENSITIVE" TO YOUR NEEDS AND SPEAK to you softer (almost like counselor to student)....can you hear me? Is this okay, I tend to have a command voice and sometimes a very authoritative presence? Maybe it is reflective, or your sadly mistaken by your part. The humor in what you could define as my next explanations is almost entertaining to our fans and myself that I feel that the amount (little) of energy that I'm spending with you is accumulating no value. Your premise and your content in our conversating, what so ever, was taken in behalf of your intellectual advancement; hince, it has hindered my ability(vast) to excell from this forum and site and prevented Modular owners from striking gold in tips. Nevertheless, I will carry on with you until you realize, or I get bored of your logic, how ever informative/helpful your statement(s) was/were may or may not be for Modular Mustang point seekers out there. How is your grape, I bet it hurts already....take some time and come back in about 5 mikes or until you found your hukt on fonx. I feel I was trying to help in bringing this bit of information I stumbled upon Mr. Evil. Oh by the way the DM names were incorrect, Robert doesn't even own a Cobra....hummm.... but he is a tech.....hummm It was the other representative that called me to provide specification on there turbo applications. I retract that from the previous message I posted. Are we as clear as your stink? Thanks. I really hope you can decipher what I'm spelling to you with my index finger pointing/pushing in a downward manner onto your forehead. I don't have the luxury to sit here all day and play twister with you...I come to the sincere conclusion that you wash cars for Ford or have too much time to play with your meat and potatoes on the internet. Did you find the response you were seeking? I hope this did quench that infeeble thirst you fathum. You can expect no reaction what so ever on your next reply, I have that quality of discipline...I think you'd have an easier time finding those sharks with freekin laser beams attached to there heads....good luck my friend....and may God help your soul.

Oh yeah, I don't mind if someone makes out my vehicle, I'm far more advanced than your average or basic rifle man....I wouldnt imagine you could even call windage......Did you murmur kentucky.

Jett
Hey "PAL" his name is Hammer not "Buddy". WTF is with the attitude? You dam near jumped on the moderator just because he made a very reasonable request about your apparent CAPS lock problem and your mile long sig and you jump on him like some childish *****!

I see you've only been registered here for a very short time. Let me give you some tips about posting at Mustang Works.

(1) Try to give every member some respect when you post, ESPECIALLY the forum moderators. They donate there time so that you can have a place to post!

(2) Keep you sig short, every member here is aware of the Users Rides section and would be happy to read about your car there.

(3) Posting in all capitals is as anoying to read as someone who can't spell or put together a coherent statement. Out of courtesy for those who take the time to read your post, it's a nice, small thing you can do, no matter how big your ego.

(4) Try to contain your ****** tendancies. They get on everyone's nerve and ruin the sites enjoyment. They also make you look like a complete ***** and take away from any credibility you though you had.

Have a nice day.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew

Last edited by Hammer; 04-04-2003 at 08:31 PM..
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #8
surfbeast
Registered Member

WOW, What an attitude! His mommy must have spanked him today.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:45 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by surfbeast
WOW, What an attitude! His mommy must have spanked him today.
LOL, maybe she used a wooden spoon too!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:28 AM   #10
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by jmjett01
HEY BUDDY,

Jett
? did your mom have any children who lived, next ? wanna buy a flux capictor, 50 hp , i promise, grow up pal.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #11
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Hey numb-nuts, why dont you grow up. All he did was ask a simple question, and as MODERATOR, he has every right to. Chill out and try to enjoy life. Find the person who pissed in your cherios, and take your attitude up with them. Nobody wants to hear that noise here. This is a pretty mellow site, with the exception of a few schmo's like yourself. Drink a beer, smoke a bowl, and try to have a better day, schmuck.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Adam aka "Hammer", is not the person whose intelligence can be downplayed by an egotistical idiot, such as yourself. Make sure you know who and what you are talking about before you expell alot of hot air.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:03 AM   #12
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

lol, word to your mamma lmao, go buy a camaro.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote