MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-23-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
hounddog
Registered Member

Default Anyone w/AFM Vortech Stage I kit on a 94/95??

Have a few questions for anyone who has this kit on their 94/95 Cobra or GT.
Wayne
94 RioRed GT: TweecerRT J4J1 base; 4R70W; PI Stallion 3400 stall; Cobra intk; TF TW hds; Crn 1.6 RR; FRPP ‘B303’, timing set, 24#, ‘C’ springs, 3.73s; Kirban adj reg; MAC CAI, shorties, Catback; Bassani cat X-pipe; BBK 70mm TB; ProM 75; Walbro 255lph HP pmp; MM adj RLCA,c/c plates, subs; Tokico s/s; Bullitt brakes, wheels; AM Monster tach, gauges; Nitto Etrme frnt; DR rear; B&M Hammer shifter; UPR billet accessories http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT
hounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 10:35 AM   #2
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

What questions do you have? We might be able to answer them without helping...there are a few S trim users on the board.

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:12 AM   #3
hounddog
Registered Member

Default Questions for AFM Vortech kit

Looking for install tips/hints for this kit using the Powerpipe, Mallory HyFire w/3bar MAP sensor. Where did you mount the unit? Any concerns issues? I was told to set base timing @10 and set Mallory for 1 degree retard/lb boost. Set base fuel press to 40 (vac off) and use the T-Rex and 4:1 FMU. I'm installing Lucas 38# inj and have a Walbro GSS340 in tank. AFM still recommended installing the T-rex and the FMU.

Folks have said its harder to tune w/the FMU installed.

Looking for ideas/suggestions from those that have this kit tuned.
Wayne
94 RioRed GT: TweecerRT J4J1 base; 4R70W; PI Stallion 3400 stall; Cobra intk; TF TW hds; Crn 1.6 RR; FRPP ‘B303’, timing set, 24#, ‘C’ springs, 3.73s; Kirban adj reg; MAC CAI, shorties, Catback; Bassani cat X-pipe; BBK 70mm TB; ProM 75; Walbro 255lph HP pmp; MM adj RLCA,c/c plates, subs; Tokico s/s; Bullitt brakes, wheels; AM Monster tach, gauges; Nitto Etrme frnt; DR rear; B&M Hammer shifter; UPR billet accessories http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT
Old 12-04-2003, 02:40 AM   #4
mustangman4
Registered Member

You will need to keep using the FMU with 38lb inj. When you go to 42lb inj and up you can get rid of the FMU. But then you need a way to drive the inj harder if more fuel is needed at full boost. The FMU can get a little fussy at times. You will usually get a sudden jump in fuel pressure once boost comes in. As far as the T-Rex goes I would listen to Rick at AFM and put it in. You can watch a fuel pressure gauge with and without it. If you start losing fuel at mid track you will need the assistance of an additional fuel pump. I think in your body style you can mount the ign box on the bulkhead(firewall). Otherwise inside the car under the drivers seat works to just make sure you have clean and tight connections when doing so. Also I noticed you are using a kirban fuel pressure reg. The unit will go 1:1 under boost. Meaning for every lb of boost it should raise fuel pressure by 1lb.
mustangman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #5
hounddog
Registered Member

Default AFM Vortech Stg I kit install

Thanks,
Your recommendations were exactly what I was thinking. I knew the Kirban would do 1:1 under boost. I had been told by others that you could mount the ign module under the driver seat too. Seems like a long run for the wires though. I'm going to do my best to locate it along the firewall.
Wayne

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: