MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Which is better. (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=37907)

GodStang 07-15-2003 09:01 AM

Which is better.

What would be better for a 96-98 Cobra. 150 shot of nitrous or Novi 2000 with 8 to 10 lb pully?

The reason I ask is that I am helping a buddy get his cobra set up. There is a guy in town with a 96 cobra with headers, 3.73 gears, full exhaust, and 150 shot of Nitrous. My buddy has a 98 Cobra Convert. and we would like it faster than the guy running N2O. He is getting a Novi 2000 put on next Thursday. He has 3.73's, off-road h-pipe and flowmaters. What else should be done to this 98 for it to run with the 96 N2O cobra? Would a Throttle body help with the blower? Which is the best to go with?
Thanks guys.

VeNuM 07-15-2003 12:18 PM

I'd take boost over n2o anyday. A blown Mustang with bolt-ons is a lethal street combo. I'd try to steer you in the direction of a Procharger or Vortech but that's not what we're here to talk about. A tb would help esp if the car is supercharged. Accufab makes nice pieces. Headers would also give him a gain but on those dohc motors the installs are very time consuming. Another nice piece for a supercharged applications is Anderson Power Pipes, it's like a true CAI. Whatever you do, he has to have more hp because he doesn't have headers and has more weight because of the vert. ~Brian

BilLster 07-17-2003 03:41 PM

really loaded question . N2o or blower lots of vairiables.

Does your friend have experience with either.

What about you ?

I would say blower but if its for the track only n2o cant be beat for adjustabillity.

there are alot of driving trans vairiables also,

good luck

GodStang 07-18-2003 11:20 AM

Both cars are daily drivers. The guy with the N2O is a jurk so we want to beat him. Any suggestions without going too expensive?

hobgoblin351 07-21-2003 06:14 PM

Hey, I'm just in here checking it out. Not running any adders. But go with the blower, it's street legal. Everyone might go well who cares. But, I have seen cars confiscated for running nitrous. It's not pretty but it does happen, especially if your running in the streets.. Just my 2cents.....

BilLster 07-21-2003 09:42 PM

I believe the confiscation is for racing Nitrous is legal and a few kits have carb excemptions.

go with the blower and nitrous

Stang_Crazy 07-22-2003 04:26 PM

The Novi 2000 will push 8-10 psi right out of the box with the stock pulleys. The blower will be alot more $$ than the juice but the power will always be there and more psi is just a pulley change away.

The Novi 2k is an excellent blower. Go to www.novipower.com and poke around. There is a TON of useful information to read through.

GodStang 07-24-2003 07:19 AM

Well my buddy ended up buying the Novi 1000 kinda of disappointed I was hoping he would get the Novi 2000 but oh well.

Stang_Crazy 07-24-2003 09:54 PM

Disappointed in the Novi 1000???? :confused:

It flows better than the A-Trim. It maxes out at 15 psi . Not bad for an 'entry level blower'.

Did he get the 'old style' (single belt driven) or the 'new style' (seperate drive belt)?