MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Blower or Turbo???

I am trying to make a decision on which way to go, and I figured what better way than to ask the folks who know. Overall, in reference to cose, efficiency, abiliyt to build power, and ease of installation, which is the better option, a blower or a turbo? If a blower, what kind - roots, screw or centrifugical? If turbo, any suggestions would be good, I know nothing about who makes the better ones. Opinions and experiences are what I need. If anyone has had both, which do you prefer and why? Thanks for the help folks.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
BilLster
Registered Member

What do your friends run ?

it helps to have someone else that is running a similiar combo to help out if you have a problem.

or what are people running in your area.

there are pros and cons to all systems , i think a homemade turbo system is the cheapest but a vortech might be the simplest.

what about N2O you can move it from car to car easier if you change thing's
Old 04-30-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
buddha
Registered Member

As far as ease of installation, the blower is by far going to be less of a hassle and the blower will come in a little cheaper than the turbo.

Both make great power, but the turbo has the edge. As far as turbo kits, there are a few that have come and gone. I believe that Pro Turbo Kits are the latest and greatest.......around $3500. I don't personally know much about them, other that what I read.

I've had two centrifugal blowers and I personally prefer them to a roots style as the will make more power up top.

So it still will come down to what you want. If you want to be different, go the turbo route.....there are fewer of those out there. A roots style blower is also not used at much.

Otherwise, be like the rest of us and go with a centrifugal blower and the usual boltons....tried and true.

Anyway you spin it, your going to make considerably more power, and can't really go wrong doing it any of those ways.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: