View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 07:06 AM   #1
03stangGT
Registered Member

Default build a cobra engine for boost set up??

I'm considering buying and engine to play with... here is the idea. My buddy who does the work on my car (as well as his 11 sec cobra) has a friend with a 1996 cobra motor he is selling. he can get me the complete motor for $1k the motor has 70k miles and runs mint! Would it be a waste of time for me to pick up that motor, install manley forged rods/pistons, and bearing kit, with low comp pistons? I'd like to build the motor for a blower or turbo application. This would all be going in a 2003 GT. I would like to keep my GT motor stock and keep it as a back up. I wanted to build a 4v because of a few things... I like a motor that rev's! and the cobra motor does compaired to my GT. Also it seems as though you get more HP from boost as compaired to a GT. Soo would this be a total waste of my time? Is there a better way to do this? keep in mind I'm not going to touch my GT motor, and I want to build a 4v, and not spend $5k. ANY opinions would be great....thanks in advance!

ps...the stock crank in the cobras are forged arent they? wouldnt wanna have to spend another $1k on that
03stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote